Wanted: An icarus scripter/mapper, and a coder

So, I'm looking for some help for my JA SP mod. I would still do the bulk of the work, but I wanted a little help with a few things.

I could still even do some of the icarus stuff and code myself in theory, but I'm not familiar with either, so I'll need some help getting off the ground if nothing else!

1).

First off, a scripter:

- Familiar with BehavEd and icarus scripting

- Knows about entity-modding .bsp files (without decompiling, hence the "mapper" part)

- Script-savvy enough to possibly fix and recompile de-compiled .ibi files

What I'd want you to do/help me with:

• Edit scripts on custom SP levels I want to include in my campaign (maybe having finishing one map load another, adding objectives)
  • Add a few goodies to Raven's SP maps possibly
  • ^basically enemies in a couple spots, maybe some items like bacta tanks and stuff

2).

And a coder:

- Familiar with JKA source code

- Familiar with the SP code at least a little bit (I can help because I know how it's organized somewhat)

• Perhaps put some hardcodes on my inventory select menu to make it smoother
  • Have saber locks changed to be more like JK2

- If both opponents have Saber Offense 2 or lower, the end of a saber lock always results in the loser only being staggered/disarmed

- If the winner has Saber Offense 3, and wins in less than 3 seconds, they have a 100% chance to do a super-break (the 1-hit KO moves), or else they stagger/disarm the opponent

• Have savegames take screenshots
  • A few alterations to force powers and saber offense and defense

- have attack power be modified by saber offense, and then saber style, instead of just saber style alone

- the power level of a style would be your offense level + (-1 to 1) depending on saber style + (0.5 * breakparry bonus on saber)

- change defense to have a stagger counter, where attacks blocked that have a higher power level number than your defense level add to that counter, which decreases by 1 every second. If your counter goes over whatever the limit is your guard is broken temporarily.

• minor changes to a few force powers

- maybe a lightning block effect for sabers

- Force absorb and protect made slightly less powerful, but force regens at half speed up to the amount you had after using the power

1).

First off, a scripter:

I can do that.

- Knows about entity-modding .bsp files (without decompiling, hence the "mapper" part)

Nope, don't got this down. Maybe some scripting haxes we can implement to get at what you want, though.

I can try...maybe even completely redoing the script may be easier...

• Edit scripts on custom SP levels I want to include in my campaign (maybe having finishing one map load another, adding objectives)

Pretty simple. I should be able to do that, as long as I could have/fix the decompiled sources.

• Add a few goodies to Raven's SP maps possibly.

Depends on the goodies. May require ent modding...hence your ent modding request. Hmm...

• ^basically enemies in a couple spots, maybe some items like bacta tanks and stuff

Enemies could be possible...again, its up to decompiling and ent modding. Stinks that you don't have the source...

DT. likes this

Icarus is a bitch but once you learn it, it's not so bad. :P

I mainly use therfiles for helping me figure out scripting, though been pretty good lately doing it myself. :D

EDIT:

I have done some NPC work in my narshadda map. I have a bartender that talks & moves to a nav goal. Patrons that sit on map objects (ie chairs/stools). A Gran that runs off into a room, then turns around to kill you. I can tell you how to do things if I know how. :P

therfiles likes this

1).

First off, a scripter:

I can do that.

Nope, don't got this down. Maybe some scripting haxes we can implement to get at what you want, though.

I can try...maybe even completely redoing the script may be easier...

Pretty simple. I should be able to do that, as long as I could have/fix the decompiled sources.

• Add a few goodies to Raven's SP maps possibly.

Depends on the goodies. May require ent modding...hence your ent modding request. Hmm...

Enemies could be possible...again, its up to decompiling and ent modding. Stinks that you don't have the source...

Well there's a tutorial on map entity-modding here, so I could maybe even do that myself, we're prolly just looking at some text editing. I mean, I'm too lazy to check, but I'm pretty sure Raven never released the full set of their SP level .map files did they?

The de-compiled script fixing I could do in theory, I'd just have to decipher the behaved.bhc or whatever that converts scripting identifiers into numbers during the compile process.

Basically the script-editing for Raven's maps is low-priority to me. The most important thing I'd like to do there is maybe script some enemies to use alt-fire sometimes (they never do in JKA  :P), and change some enemies on the 2nd part of the korriban level. More important to me would be the script-editing on the custom SP levels. 

EDIT: I summon... @@eezstreet; @@Scooper; @@ensiform; maybe one you coders can recommend someone?

Ent modding:
http://holonet.antarat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Map_Modding

I don't really know much about Script editing. I can barely remember looking at icarus scripts. There are probably a few people who can figure it out though, myself included =p. But I don't have time to dedicate to helping you on your project, sorry.

You could go and ask for help on the #jacoders irc channel. Some minutes help from bored coders is always useful. That's how I usually get tricked into helping someone. =]

Your life is sooooo hard. ;)

Yeah, I know. Coming home from a 10+ hour school/work day to judgmental as fuck people in my house, and then jumping on an online forum to find "eezstreet, you specifically help us out because you're entitled to help us. Oh, but YOUR WORK FUCKING SUCKS GO AWAY AND DONT YOU DARE COMPLAIN <sneaks off to post "hate messages" about you on other forums (note that it isn't real hate, because you're the only person in the world who could possibly hate anyone else) (btw, don't bother trying to reply because your facts are automatically opinions, you have no chance to explain yourself, and everything you say is invalid because we're cooler than you, you don't even have a mod team, you're a joke, etc)>

Yeah, I guess you could understand why I might be a teence pissed off.

Yeah, I know. Coming home from a 10+ hour school/work day to judgmental as fuck people in my house, and then jumping on an online forum to find "eezstreet, you specifically help us out because you're entitled to help us. Oh, but YOUR WORK FUCKING SUCKS GO AWAY AND DONT YOU DARE COMPLAIN <sneaks off to post "hate messages" about you on other forums (note that it isn't real hate, because you're the only person in the world who could possibly hate anyone else

Right, because me tagging you because you're knowledgeable about a subject I am not is such a dick move.

Right, because me tagging you because you're knowledgeable about a subject I am not is such a dick move.

No, but making/participating in/liking a whole thread devoted to tagging me specifically, knowing that said action pisses me off, would be one.

I never implied that you were trying to be a dick, I just don't particularly enjoy getting tagged all the time randomly.

No, but making/participating in/liking a whole thread devoted to tagging me specifically, knowing that said action pisses me off, would be one.

I never implied that you were trying to be a dick, I just don't particularly enjoy getting tagged all the time randomly.

Then considering I did nothing wrong and wasn't involved in that, don't quote me in a post about what actions piss you off. I asked for your help by tagging you. If you have an issue with that, offer an alternative.

Not everyone keeps track of what does and doesn't piss you off, believe it or not. Some people would find that funny, like myself. You don't and that's fine, nothing wrong with that. Now we (the people who actually viewed these posts, not everyone on the whole forum) know that, and won't do it. That's that, don't make it a big deal.

Then considering I did nothing wrong and wasn't involved in that,

Note my syntax:

"No, but making/participating in/liking a whole thread devoted to tagging me specifically, knowing that said action pisses me off, would be one."

Just because you removed your like doesn't erase the fact that you were involved. Just sayan.

don't quote me in a post about what actions piss you off. I asked for your help by tagging you. If you have an issue with that, offer an alternative.

Sxx and Scooper have posted very excellent alternatives.

Not everyone keeps track of what does and doesn't piss you off, believe it or not.

Where have I heard this before...?

Some people would find that funny, like myself. You don't and that's fine, nothing wrong with that. Now we (the people who actually viewed these posts, not everyone on the whole forum) know that, and won't do it. That's that, don't make it a big deal.

I didn't make it a big deal, not initially. In fact, it could possibly be construed that I was joking. However, what others decided to do was make a thread about it and provoke me, and you have decided to provoke me as well in the form of a quote. So, I hope you're happy (more or less).

Note my syntax:

"No, but making/participating in/liking a whole thread devoted to tagging me specifically, knowing that said action pisses me off, would be one."

Just because you removed your like doesn't erase the fact that you were involved. Just sayan.

Sxx and Scooper have posted very excellent alternatives.

Where have I heard this before...?

I didn't make it a big deal, not initially. In fact, it could possibly be construed that I was joking. However, what others decided to do was make a thread about it and provoke me, and you have decided to provoke me as well in the form of a quote. So, I hope you're happy (more or less).

What are you talking about? What like? What thread? And just how was I trying to provoke you? I think I'm missing a key component to the story here.

Also, I don't think it matters what "could possibly be construed", what matters is if it was a joke or not. If it was fine, my apologies. If not, we're back to here again.

What are you talking about? What like? What thread?

I figured you'd offer a response like that, seeing as how you'd already deleted the like...

And just how was I trying to provoke you? I think I'm missing a key component to the story here?

Your life is sooooo hard. ;)

seems provocative.

EDIT: I think I have made a mistake. I was referring to this post. I just realized that I've been confusing posts/threads due to the similarity in posts.

Ent modding:

http://holonet.antarat.com/wiki/index.php?title=Map_Modding

I don't really know much about Script editing. I can barely remember looking at icarus scripts. There are probably a few people who can figure it out though, myself included =p. But I don't have time to dedicate to helping you on your project, sorry.

You could go and ask for help on the #jacoders irc channel. Some minutes help from bored coders is always useful. That's how I usually get tricked into helping someone. =]

Thought I'd quote this as this is the last post that wasn't part of something else. :P

eezstreet likes this

EDIT: I think I have made a mistake. I was referring to this post. I just realized that I've been confusing posts/threads due to the similarity in posts.

That's what I thought.

Aaaaaand now we're speaking the same language, considering I still have no clue what you were talking about.

And for the record, if I was serious I wouldn't have put a winking emoticon in that post. I find it very surprising you found that "provocative", considering it's just simply jesting. I hope you only found that provocative when you had your facts wrong.