Airplane Model

Hey guys!

Just wondered if anyone had ever stumbled upon a good model/map of an interior of a plane that is free. I've searched and searched, but nothing is really out there. This doesn't have to work in JKA, I'm just looking for a decent model, or a map, if it was ever made. Thanks! :)

Well...since you asked...

Me and some friends are addicted to Film Riot (basically free film school). Every 2nd Monday, they host what's called a "Monday Challenge", where they set a theme/criteria for a short little film and you can submit an entry and possibly win gear and be featured on the show. It's pretty epic.

We were thinking maybe recreating the

, as the theme for this week is movie scene (where you try and re-create a movie scene from a blockbuster). We don't have time to find a real airplane, so we're basically going all greenscreen on this one, so I would really love a nice model to play with of a plane interior to use as the background. Images may work, but a model would make it so much easier to do angles and such. We hope to make an awesome entry, but all the good models are way too pricy.

So yeah, that's the dream! B)

Circa likes this

That's awesome man! That would be so cool.

I don't know where you could find a free one. I know that it would be pretty simple for someone to make in JA. @ChalklYne could probably pump something like that out in days if he needed to, he's really quick and excellent at  mapping.

therfiles likes this

@@ChalklYne!

:P

Anyway, even something as simple as this: http://www.bibliocad.com/library/3d-airplane-cabin---b767-300_24403 (Can't open .max's?). It's a little cluttered. I'd love something like this:

bane1_zps52cda3f7.png

bane2_zps8ab3ad6d.png

I really need that arch-like ceiling that is so distinctive, and some seats...that's really easy. So if you feel like making something or simplifying that .max...I'd be forever in your debt. But yeah, I'm really surprised that there isn't anything usable out there...I'm getting a little scared. We shoot Saturday, and I have till next Friday night to turn it in. Ack.

But

is really the best ref there is. If anyone takes this up...I will be indebted like forever lol.
Circa likes this

Thanks, @@ChalklYne, you are such a beast! Is there any room in front of the chairs ATM? May need a little bit of room where there is nothing but the door to place my actors, if possible. Oh my gosh...I sound so picky! I'm just so lucky to even have this...you're so awesome! But yeah, if you have a door, could you model the door separately so I can animate it? I'd love to ship this all into Radient so I can light it and animate the door, if possible. Could the windows be open to the void, too? So I can put a sky and stuff there. Again...so bossy! Thanks Chalk! I owe you like tons of favors...I'll get to work ASAP today on some of your requests, now that the weekend is here. So would this be an .md3?

Oh my gosh...this gets me so excited! Thanks again! 

No worries just had to rebuild the chairs real quick. Wanted to anyway. Yeah theres decent space between seats, and there's going to be an open area where the door is for ya

itst.jpg

*Geeked* Thanks man!

Filmed today. It turned out pretty awesome!

hoping to wrap this sucker up tonight. I been working a lot tho so Ill try to catch up and hopefully be done soon

4vx1.jpg

too bad you're strapped for time, it would be nice to render out the scenes in softimage rather than radiant and jka =P  Thoe chairs btw... are 409 verts. *09 tris. the walls are way lower than that. so radint shouldn't be a problem

Circa and therfiles like this

hoping to wrap this sucker up tonight. I been working a lot tho so Ill try to catch up and hopefully be done soon

too bad you're strapped for time, it would be nice to render out the scenes in softimage rather than radiant and jka =P  Thoe chairs btw... are 409 verts. *09 tris. the walls are way lower than that. so radint shouldn't be a problem

Looks great! Thanks so much! And yeah, Friday is a pretty tough deadline! Can't wait to see the finished product!