JA: Enhanced Code Base

These really are thick saber cores, but it's doable with a simple saber blade mod for JKA i think. Unless you mean to have the whole saber effect replaced...

Yep. You can do it to some extent I think. :) I have the SBX Saber cores that are used in MovieBattles 2 (link: http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3062.shtml), but they don't add that much color glow really.

I am no expert by any means, but I've tried different saber cores and I think it's in the coding to determine the amount of glow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @@redsaurus ... I don't know how far you've come with this cool mod of yours, but I have found a couple of features in another mods which you might be able implement. :)

In JA++ mod by @@Raz0r, you can apparently change saber glow sizes in game - as seen in the screenshots on this page.
http://jkhub.org/topic/1594-ja-is-it-worth-the-download-questions-answered/

Furthermore, an OpenJediProject fix by @@Clan FJA , (someone called G?) contains a fantastic in-game option of what kind of saber types you wanna use.
Whether it be MB2 kind of sabers, standard, or otherwise. If you do have OJP, you can take a look at it here:
http://jkhub.org/files/file/1972-openjediproject-v12-fixed-g-by-fja/

I'm not a pro-coder, but maybe you can get help from these guys and use some of these feauters in your own mod? :)
Not only would it be a fantastic addition to your own mod, but concidering the code is already done for these, it may decrease amount of time making your mod significantly. 
Anyway, It's just a little tip. Cheers! :)

Furthermore, an OpenJediProject fix by @@Clan FJA , (someone called G?) contains a fantastic in-game option of what kind of saber types you wanna use.

Whether it be MB2 kind of sabers, standard, or otherwise. If you do have OJP, you can take a look at it here:

http://jkhub.org/files/file/1972-openjediproject-v12-fixed-g-by-fja/

Hi,

I think you can toggle MB2 sabers with redsaurus' modification with cg_sfxSabers. I know in the JK2 side of this mod you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I think you can toggle MB2 sabers with redsaurus' modification with cg_sfxSabers. I know in the JK2 side of this mod you can.

Yeps - you could. But, the way it was done in OJP was wonderful. You got to choose more options - different blades - from original trilogy and so. And how they looked there was just great. :)

Furthermore, an OpenJediProject fix by @@Clan FJA , (someone called G?)

Yeah, G because before, i did OJP 1.2 fixed A, then B, then C.... and the last version is G :P

i can't call them OJP 1.3, 1.4... because i did not touch the dlls, only correct some bugs due to pk3 stuff....

And it was great concidering the bugs it had. Wish you could improve the COOP there more. I think I posted on that mod file on JKHub about this. :D

• 2 weeks later...

And it was great concidering the bugs it had. Wish you could improve the COOP there more. I think I posted on that mod file on JKHub about this. :D

oh, we work on a modification on OJP : Battle for the Republic.

The goal is to add a class system, because soldiers with all weapons are cheated, and to focus the mod on coop, with a quasi total conversion in the clone war.

(stormtrooper => droids, allies => clones and jedis).

http://french-jedi-academy.forumactif.org/

It is only the starting. The beta is under construction. We are only 3.

• 2 weeks later...

@@redsaurus for the holsters feature, didn't we say if a saber had a tag on the bottom of the hilt, you could bolt it properly? Would that only require new saber models with a new additional tag in the correct spot? Or am I crazy?

@@redsaurus  :ph34r:

haha very sneaky @@Circa

Can probably already shift the bolted position, but would be best if the saber had a tag, yeah. Need to get back to this soon!

Gonna bring this up again, since @@Rooxon is back at it. I'd love for a test model with the new tag, to see how this will look.

@@Circa Sure, we could try it out with the Zefilus I'm finishing right now. Just tell me where exactly the tag has to be placed, the saber has already a holster ring, which would look good.

Probably not too far from the bottom. Basically where you think a saber would be holstered on a belt. An example would be if it were the Stinger hilt in your signature, the protruding ring at the bottom would be good I think. But it'll be a trial and error thing.

Rooxon likes this

Nice, I can try leaving it there right now, upload the hilt as a mod and those who need the saber can easily download it whenever they have time to work on this. If there's fixing in the placement needed, it can be done anytime easily. I'll name it tag_holster

• 4 weeks later...

I've now added ignition flares and cvars to change the size of the core/glow for SFX sabers. I've also got the gun/saber style working a little better. Anything else need doing before release?

Woot! That sounds real cool. :D Nothing I can think of at the moment. :) When you feel ready for releasing it, I can download it and play through SP with it and see what I come up with.