JA: Enhanced Code Base

Thanks for working on this; it's exactly what I was looking for in a Jedi Academy mod. If it's not too much to ask, is it possible to

- make the Galak_Mech shields deteriorate from lightsaber strikes like in Jedi Outcast (right now it's nearly impossible to damage him since those attacks pass through it)

- make the force destruction projectile not be affected by the AI's tendency to force push projectiles right back

Either way, this project is outstanding!

redsaurus likes this

I'll take a look at the Galak mech shields thing, must have missed something from the JK2 code. Probably would make sense to look at the force destruction projectile being so easy to push back, I don't want it to be too powerful against cultists/reborn though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm absolutely loving JK:E right now. Awesome stuff.

Just have one question though- I was editing an NPC file for Kylo Ren and I wanted to give him the stasis ability. Tried adding the line "FP_STASIS 3" in the section where the force powers show up, but when I would switch to him through the playermodel command, he didn't have the stasis power. Did I put the wrong thing down to add stasis? Or something wrong?

Edit: Alright, turns out I wasn't editing the right NPC file. I was just editing the one outside of the ext_data folder. Stupid mistake. 

I do still have a question about that power- Do NPCs not want to use that power? I noticed Kylo did not once try to use the stasis ability. Would've been interesting to fight against an opponent that could actually stop movement for a short while.

Hi, for some strange reason rain and snow effects don't seem to appear when I run JA Enhanced. Any ideas?

Apart from that loving the mod though! 

Does setting r_FBOs to 0 fix that?

I'm absolutely loving JK:E right now. Awesome stuff.

Just have one question though- I was editing an NPC file for Kylo Ren and I wanted to give him the stasis ability. Tried adding the line "FP_STASIS 3" in the section where the force powers show up, but when I would switch to him through the playermodel command, he didn't have the stasis power. Did I put the wrong thing down to add stasis? Or something wrong?

Edit: Alright, turns out I wasn't editing the right NPC file. I was just editing the one outside of the ext_data folder. Stupid mistake. 

I do still have a question about that power- Do NPCs not want to use that power? I noticed Kylo did not once try to use the stasis ability. Would've been interesting to fight against an opponent that could actually stop movement for a short while.

For now, stasis just doesn't work against enemies using sabers - if you switch to some other weapon you might notice the NPC using it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...