JA: Enhanced Code Base

What...the...

Is that a legit HUD map, with the whole map in 2D? And with NPC icons?? Or am I crazy?

It's pretty similar to the MBII minimaps (still need to allow for different images at different heights). There's a file at minimaps/mapname.mmap that looks like:

bottomRight "3240 -3400"
topLeft "-2040 1880"
image "gfx/minimaps/yavin_hangar"

The temporary image I used is just an overhead screenshot in radiant.

C-3PO's just from a normal NPC_Spawner with the icon key set - that's all you need with the code changes.

Circa likes this

Has a geonosian blaster model been made by anyone?

Yep, I think I got one from MBII. I was using it in my prequel conversion mod to replace the DEMP2, originally, but didn't get too far on 2.0 of that project.

oeLfieS.jpeg

Here's the beta release! It's mostly tweaks and fixes - the extra weapons won't be coming until the main release. Most interesting feature is probably repulse - you'll need to use "setForceRepulse <level>" to get it currently though.

Here's the new release for Mac/Windows (41.7MB). If you don't already have it (and you're on Windows) you'll need the MSVC++ 2010 redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555)

Features and Commands

All OpenJK features and fixes.
RGB Sabers These can be set in the menus or by setting the sabercolor to a hex code in the console - for example "/sabercolor 1 xff0000" will set the first lightsaber blade to be red. It is possible to set the sabercolours of NPCs by setting their sabercolor to a hex code in the .npc file. If you want to set one sabercolour for base and one for this mod, you can set the sabercolor of the NPC or lightsaber to the base value, and sabercolorRGB to the RGB value for this mod. Higher blade numbers are set with saberColorRGB2, saber2ColorRGB3 etc.
SFX Sabers SFX Sabers can be enabled in the console by setting cg_SFXSabers to 1.
Ignition Flare A lightsaber ignition flare can be enabled in the console by setting cg_ignitionFlare to 1.
Custom Sabers Now lightsabers can be customised like the player species. An example customisable hilt is included thanks to AshuraDX.
Saber Holsters Lightsabers are now holstered when not in use. A tag_holsterorigin can be added to a hilt for better placement. Adding "holsterPlace <none/hips/back/lhip>" in the .sab file specifies where a hilt will be holstered.
Headswapping Several new heads are available for the human male and human female species. You can add your own heads - see the .headswap files in the sp_custom.pk3 for examples. NPCs can have heads set using the playerHeadModel and customHeadSkin commands in their .npc file.
RGB Character Colours Adds an RGB slider option to all player species.
Better Entity Spawning The /spawn command now supports entity keys, e.g. "spawn fx_runner fxFile the/file".
.eent files Maps now load entities from mapentities/mapname.eent in addition to loading them from the .bsp file.
Raz0r's MP Movement Raz0r's MP-style movement from the SP speedrun version can be enabled by getting g_MPmovement to 1.
Extra Player Tints (Unused) Playermodels are able to have multiple tints. If you enter “newPlayerTint 0 <R> <G> <B>”, any shader stages for the player with “rgbGen lightingDiffuseEntity 0” will be tinted to this colour rather than the usual.
Ghoul2 view models First person view weapon models are now allowed to use .glm models using eezstreet's code.
Detachable E-Web The player can detach an E-Web from its mount by pressing the Use Force button whilst using it. While the E-Web is equipped, the player moves more slowly.
More usable weapons The tusken rifle and noghri stick are fully usable by the player.
Improved jedi_hm DT's very nice improved Human Male jedi is included.
Katarn Saberstyle A gun / saber stance. Not completely ready yet, but you play around with it (with cheats enabled) by doing "give weapon_bryar_pistol" and then "setsaberstyle katarn" in the console.
Saberthrow Saberthrow is now a force power.
New force powers Force Insanity, Destruction, Repulse and Stasis have been added. For now, you'll have to get Repulse by doing "setForceRepulse 3" in the console. NPCs can use Destruction and Stasis.
TrueView As seen in Open Jedi Project and all the other mods that used it, TrueView shows the player model in first person view. You can turn it on for guns with cg_trueguns and turn it on for sabers with cg_fpls.
Radar The radar system from Siege in MP now works in SP. Giving NPCs and misc_radar_icon entities the icon key will set a custom icon. A 2D minimap is also loaded from minimaps/mapname.mmap.

Credits

Thanks to AJL for the SFX Sabers stuff (including SFX_Sabers.pk3). Thanks to Circa for the icons for the new heads. Thanks to Raz0r for the MP-style movement code. Thanks to AshuraDX for the saber hilt. Thanks to DT85 for the improved jedi_hm. Thanks to the JKG team for the unstable saber blade graphics and shaders. Thanks to eezstreet for the Ghoul 2 weapon view model code. Thanks to razorace (and the Open Jedi Project) for the use of the TrueView code under the GPL. Thanks to the OpenJK maintainers and contributors.

P.S. @@JAWSFreelao If you really want to play around with the weapons, they're currently missing models (will be in next release) but *should* otherwise work. The things to use with /give are: weapon_sonic_blaster, weapon_e5, weapon_dc15s, weapon_dc15a, weapon_z6.

Let me know if there are any bugs or problems, I've hopefully fixed most of the old ones. v1 release will just be new weapons and repulse tweaks unless anything comes up. If you want more heads for jedi_hm, @@Keyten added a lot:  #252 

Dang it, redsaurus. You're making me feel bad for taking a break from modding. :P

Repulse needs new sounds. I kinda want to take care of that eventually. Not just use TFU sounds, but make my own.

Eventually we're going to need to come up with a list of new sounds that we need, so we aren't relying on the old sounds for new features.

But man, all this looks amazing. Very nice job so far!

EDIT: I messed around with the saber holsters. Seems like adding my own tag didn't do much, I don't think. But the placement was already decent from what i was seeing with the other sabers. The only thing that was frustrating to see was some models made the saber clip into them. I don't suppose theres a way to detect where a mesh begins on a player model to determine how far away or close the holstered saber needs to be to look good? That way the saber isn't floating on skinny models, or embedded inside of the bigger models.

therfiles likes this

More holster improvements will be for a future release. For v1 I've added so far:

• an ignitionFlare parameter to .sab files @@Keyten
  • force repulse SP integration: you get given Force Repulse 1 at the beginning of tier 2, level 2 at the beginning of tier 3, and level 3 at the end of tier 3
  • g_forceRegenTime cvar so that you can have faster or slower player force regen

Things still to do:

Since it's going to be a v1 release, it should probably have stuff like a proper name and a new splash screen / menu header / icon. I'm not sure whether to release it as Jedi Academy: Enhanced (would this be reasonable @@Circa @@eezstreet ?) or release it as something else (Jedi Academy: Awake or similar would be a bit misleading due to lack of TFA content) and then for it to be part of a future separate JK:E release.

Keyten and JAWSFreelao like this

I've done Galak mech NPC support (I won't be including the model or sounds for now, though), and am hoping for release this week. Major new features are always sensible just before a release, so I've been working on some tiny renderer improvements (rdsp-rendsaurus): I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing, but messing around with FBOs has made dynamic glow substantially faster. If I have time there might be some kind of post processing type effects.

JAWSFreelao, Circa, Keyten and 2 others like this

Slight problem: openjk_customsp.x86.exe seems to "crash" every once in a while. It will work the first few times, then it will stop working altogether and won't terminate in task manager or anything else. The only way to make it start again is to shut down the computer and restart. I thought it was my computer at first, until I realized that the standard openjk_sp.x86.exe doesn't have this problem at all. Any thoughts?

I'm not exactly sure what information to provide, but what I can say is that this has happened every time I restart my computer and run the application a few times. It works perfectly in-game. However, when I decide to quit the program from the menu, it says "openjk_sp.x86.exe has stopped working", or something along those lines. Afterwards the program refuses to work and appears stuck in the task host window. Merely ending the process/process tree has no effect on it. I find it strange that the program would mention that it has "stopped" right as I quit, and even stranger that the program can't be stopped manually from task manager once this occurs.

I also seem to have a small/moderate glitch. Great project so far enjoying playing Jedi Academy with your enhancement mod! But to the problem now when I use force stasis on a stormtrooper/snowtrooper and if there standing by a E-web gun and I accidently target the E-web the game crashes out. Not sure if you knew about this figured I would post about it thank`s.

I'll hopefully be able to track down the issue eventually, but I'd still like to get a release out very soon. This is the version I'm planning to put up on JKHub - please let me know if it works or if there are any issues.

JAEnhancedv1.zip 2015-12-16 17:49 48.8 MB

Again, you might need the MSVC++ 2010 redistributable if you're on Windows and don't already have it: http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555

I have a friend with a AMD Radeon R5 220 it`s a somewhat low end card. Seem`s he`s getting random crashing. I noticed it on Bakura watching him play. Near the beginning left side of the entrance in that empty spot and a loading screen as well not sure of the mission exactly believe it was the Tatooine one with sand people and jawas. Myself have yet to spot anymore issues outside the E-web crash. But I will keep looking thanks! Note his crashing is on the Dec, 13th build. Will have to try out the new build and see what happen`s and will report back.

It works now; I renamed your executable to match the original (openjk_sp.x86.exe) and there are no more problems. I'm not sure which one is stranger, the fact that Windows 10 prefers a specific name for the executable or the fact that all of the new features work perfectly even when it is renamed. Awesome job with the galak_mech NPC by the way.