JA: Enhanced Code Base

Glad that you've been enjoying it! Insanity 3 kills the enemy once its effect has finished, but otherwise Stasis is much better - I probably need to adjust how it works really. Let me know if you notice anything else.

New idea, could you rework the effect of the destruction Force Power? I don't know if you have played MBII, but there's a really cool effect for that power there.https://youtu.be/mOT5J45vHIA?t=8m14s

Another force power idea. Force repulse, consumes 40 FP? each level increases the knockdown effect?

Also from MBII, is it possible to add a saber system like it? I'm happy even with a saber block feature, that'd be awesome. I think that OJP works like that too, there's a lot of mods out there that do that, but there has never been one for SP, as far as I know. I have also been creating NPC'S  to have some fun with your mod in SP, is there a way to give them the new force powers? I also suggest to add melee as a default weapon from the start, It's annoying that the only way to see your hilt on your hip is by switching to a weapon, plus melee is fun to use!

Again, great mod so far, thanks a lot for all the time and effort that you have put into it!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got it and played it!!!

So cool!!!

I got a number of bugs though.

Force powers names didn't show up in the game. Menus, data pad, or anywhere else.

Saber throw didn't work. I think it had to be rebound, but nothing worked since the name never popped up (see above). Then it would randomly throw my saber at different times.

SFX sabers didn't work. 

Saber always went to first person by default. Guns would randomly go to 1st or 3rd when switching to and from sabers.

New HM Jaden conflicted with custom skins I have in the HM menu.

Couldn't get full wide screen to work.

Don't sweat these too much since I didn't test with a clean base folder. I thought I removed all potential conflicts, but I could have easily missed a few.

Katarn style was awesome!!! Let me play with it some more and I might get in touch with you about making some shooting animations. We'll also have to give it a new run sequence since it uses the default run2, which if it is modded looks odd. Should be easy for you.

Once again very awesome and don't sweat the bugs till I get better test done.

Circa likes this

New idea, could you rework the effect of the destruction Force Power? I don't know if you have played MBII, but there's a really cool effect for that power there.https://youtu.be/mOT5J45vHIA?t=8m14s

Another force power idea. Force repulse, consumes 40 FP? each level increases the knockdown effect?

Also from MBII, is it possible to add a saber system like it? I'm happy even with a saber block feature, that'd be awesome. I think that OJP works like that too, there's a lot of mods out there that do that, but there has never been one for SP, as far as I know. I have also been creating NPC'S  to have some fun with your mod in SP, is there a way to give them the new force powers? I also suggest to add melee as a default weapon from the start, It's annoying that the only way to see your hilt on your hip is by switching to a weapon, plus melee is fun to use!

Again, great mod so far, thanks a lot for all the time and effort that you have put into it!

I just used the concussion effect as a placeholder really, I'll change it for a future release. Repulse is something I'm planning on too.

It'd be a lot of work to do a new saber system properly, so I'm unlikely to add that at least for now. You can currently change to no weapon (normally bound to +/= I think?) to see the hilt but adding melee might be a good idea.

I finally got it and played it!!!

So cool!!!

I got a number of bugs though.

Force powers names didn't show up in the game. Menus, data pad, or anywhere else.

Saber throw didn't work. I think it had to be rebound, but nothing worked since the name never popped up (see above). Then it would randomly throw my saber at different times.

SFX sabers didn't work. 

Saber always went to first person by default. Guns would randomly go to 1st or 3rd when switching to and from sabers.

New HM Jaden conflicted with custom skins I have in the HM menu.

Couldn't get full wide screen to work.

Don't sweat these too much since I didn't test with a clean base folder. I thought I removed all potential conflicts, but I could have easily missed a few.

Katarn style was awesome!!! Let me play with it some more and I might get in touch with you about making some shooting animations. We'll also have to give it a new run sequence since it uses the default run2, which if it is modded looks odd. Should be easy for you.

Once again very awesome and don't sweat the bugs till I get better test done.

Not sure why most of that stuff isn't working - random view changing on weapon switch is understandable and I can look into that, let me know if the other things still happen with a clean base. Would be very nice to have some shooting animations for katarn style!

I hope that the mod is still being worked on. It has a lot of potential!

I haven't done much on it since the last release, but I'm definitely going to come back to it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have similar issues on a fresh install of JKA. 

Binding +saber_throw to anything makes it misbehave. It works just fine if it isn't bound. 

Also, equipping a saber puts me into firstperson by default, with no option that I can see to change it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

This is simply the best SP mod I have ever seen in all my life, and I played JKA since his release...

Dude, I think when I'll create Epic Challenge Mod III, I will make my mod playable for your mod, because your mod allows great possibilites to a new SP Adventure. 

If you want some ideas, there are some:

- Possibility of swap for Legs, Torso, Head and... why not hairs ? x)

- Possibility of splitting the staff saber into two sabers and two sabers to a staff.

- Fire Force Power, like some Lightning replacement I seen.

- AVADA KEDAVRA POWER FROM HARRY POTTER (I mean, a big green beam which Kill immediatly anybody. Of course, it is a power for fun, it must be disable to challenge the game in a decent way, but in some fun games... :) )

- New Guns (FireLauncher ?)

- Possibility to get a jetpack and use it as an item.

- Possibility of cloak the player.

- Working on misc_bsp to spawn a map in a map which setting origins (a dream I know, a dream, that must be a shame to our PCs and the RAM).

- There are a lots of stance modification around JKHUB etc... I have an idea, and I hope you'll find it great. Why not taking some stances modification but, instead of replacing the existing ones, adding them as new ?

- Ice Power, to launch Ice Particle.

- Possibility to grap objects and launch them.

- Possibility to take an armour (like a Clone Armour).

- Possibility to make new moves, like talking to NPCs.

- Improve AI.

Well, there are some ideas, most of them are impossible, but I hope you'll find 1 or 2 great. :P

redsaurus likes this

It's strange, but when I change map or load a game, I sometimes get the old headplayermodel I used to have before.

Ex: If I take Luke's head, and then Kyle's Head, when I load It is Luke's head.

Probably will be a while before a new release due to being busy, but I'm hoping it'll have some good new stuff. Let me know if there are any more problems / suggestions!

It's strange, but when I change map or load a game, I sometimes get the old headplayermodel I used to have before.
Ex: If I take Luke's head, and then Kyle's Head, when I load It is Luke's head.

the /headplayermodel command's mainly for messing around, make sure you do /headplayermodel <model> <skin> and not just /headplayermodel <model> if you want it to be saved over map changes.

I have similar issues on a fresh install of JKA. 

Binding +saber_throw to anything makes it misbehave. It works just fine if it isn't bound. 

Also, equipping a saber puts me into firstperson by default, with no option that I can see to change it.

Fixed both of these for the next release.

Tusken rifle's melee attack animation doesn't works from first person view 

Not sure if I'll fix that for a while, it needs new model stuff, but for now it should work ok with trueview?
  • 1 month later...
Guest Redemption

Hi,  since you're gonna add new force force powers to the game, why not have Lightning Block, Lightning Absorb.

Serenity as you know has already managed this, but I think these features should ship with the release of the enhanced mod.

It always annoyed me that even when you blocked lightning, it still hit you. An idea to implement it... get Lightning Block as a learned passive power with Saber Defense 3. That way you only partially block it with Saber Defense 2 (as in base kind of ). Same method for Lightning Absorb, but unlock it as a passive power with Force Absorb 3.

• 1 month later...

redsaurus, could you add either of these?:

-Force Destruction immunity to Force Push (so it acts like the one in Jedi Knight where force users can't repel it)

-Galak_Mech working NPC (so far, only the serenity engine has it, but I'm looking for one that works on OpenJK as a mini-mod rather than a complete conversion)

Either way, I'm very satisfied with what you added to the gameplay so far. Looking forward to the "Kyle" saber stance!

So, what about...

1) ignitionFlare parameter in sab-file?

2) Custom blades: sabercolor 1 anycustomname uses gfx/effects/sabers/anycustomname.jpg and etc.

3) Force Pull 4 like kyle_boss, Force Jump 4 like desann, usable scepter (as 2 new forces)?..

• 1 month later...

Did a little bit more on this. Sorry, it's more been stuff that's been on my todo list for a while than more recent suggestions, but since the last release I've done:

• fixed some small bugs
  • SFX sabers can be shown in menus
  • eweb forces you into third person, and you can't run or jump with it equipped.
  • custom sabers work better - both sabers can be custom and the menus are nicer
  • destruction now uses a slightly different projectile
  • NPCs can use destruction and stasis
  • increased MAX_WEAPONS to 64 and mostly finished stuff promised a long time ago to @@JAWSFreelao and @@Wystan

Nearly ready for a beta release, then a 1.0 release closer to ep 7. If I'm going to do a 1.0 release I should probably give this a proper name..

edit: I've also copied the radar across from MP - it'll be restricted to particular maps eventually

7n5qasr.jpg

Lancelot, Bek, Circa and 1 other like this

Should be a beta release this week. I did some small add ons for when you do playermodel boba_fett last year for the secret santa (vibroblade and wrist laser when you try to use drain or grip as boba), and I've copied that across. I've also done more work on radar / minimaps, adding a misc_radar_icon entity and making it possible for NPCs to have custom icons. The radar stuff is mainly working towards the possibility of a yavin hub map.

Bek likes this