JA: Enhanced Code Base

not dead, just sleeping

That's good news. I think this project is very valuable. Being set free from the SP game's customisation restraints is important. Both in weapons and items storage and in character model customisation.

Here's an updated progress/todo thing, remind me if I've forgotten stuff.

Done

• sabercolorRGB field for .npc and .sab files, so they can still have roughly the correct colour in base
  • fixed eweb model not working after map change
  • noghri stick and tusken rifle player usable
  • remove saber twirl on ignition with g_noIgniteTwirl set to 1
  • can holster saber on left side with "lhip" value in .sab file
  • added menus for most of the cvars I've added
  • RGB sliders in player menus
  • added stasis, destruction and insanity as force powers. pretty overpowered though
  • trueview!
  • allow the second saber to be a custom saber

WIP / todo - some may be for further in the future:

• saber crystals - have done black sabers and unstable blades so far but haven't finished up the mechanics entirely. idea as in JK:E discussions: you'll be able to pick some crystals up in secret areas that allow you to have special sabers when building saber #2, like the darksaber and unstable blades
  • fix SFX saber end being past the blade end
  • ragdoll mode with head swaps is a little broken
  • swap non-head parts
  • new force powers (blinding, deadly sight, repulse ?)
  • minor tag_holsterorigin changes
Keyten, katanamaru and Circa like this
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to finish up the new force powers (menu stuff and proper effects/icons) and maybe add trueview (thanks to razorace and OJP) before I do a new release. Once that's out I'll try to do some more on Let's Map in the hope of getting some more SP levels for JK:E... 

DT85, Angel Soul and Circa like this

I'm going to finish up the new force powers (menu stuff and proper effects/icons) and maybe add trueview (thanks to razorace and OJP) before I do a new release. Once that's out I'll try to do some more on Let's Map in the hope of getting some more SP levels for JK:E... 

Hey about the Force Icons... I have a mod about them. You can use that if you want. :)

Trueview works for all guns, of course it won't look as nice as a properly done first person g2 model like @@DT85's repeater though.

I can definitely add some more force powers in the future, I want to get these ones done first though. For now I'll just make base-style icons for destruction, stasis and insanity.

edit: here's a picture of the force power choice screen now

vVzQtcJ.png

New release! I've made an effort to actually have working menus for the main options and new controls this time. Main new features are the new force powers, new usable weapons and trueview.

Here's the new release for Mac/Windows (40.4MB). If you don't already have it (and you're on Windows) you'll need the MSVC++ 2010 redistributable (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555)

Features and Commands

All OpenJK features and fixes.
RGB Sabers The can be set in the menus or by setting the sabercolor to a hex code in the console - for example "/sabercolor 1 xff0000" will set the first lightsaber blade to be red. It is possible to set the sabercolours of NPCs by setting their sabercolor to a hex code in the .npc file. If you want to set one sabercolour for base and one for this mod, you can set the sabercolor of the NPC or lightsaber to the base value, and sabercolorRGB to the RGB value for this mod. Higher blade numbers are set with saberColorRGB2, saber2ColorRGB3 etc.
SFX Sabers SFX Sabers can be enabled in the console by setting cg_SFXSabers to 1.
Ignition Flare A lightsaber ignition flare can be enabled in the console by setting cg_ignitionFlare to 1.
Custom Sabers Now lightsabers can be customised like the player species. An example customisable hilt is included thanks to AshuraDX.
Saber Holsters Lightsabers are now holstered when not in use. A tag_holsterorigin can be added to a hilt for better placement. Adding "holsterPlace <none/hips/back/lhip>" in the .sab file specifies where a hilt will be holstered.
Headswapping Several new heads are available for the human male and human female species. You can add your own heads - see the .headswap files in the sp_custom.pk3 for examples. NPCs can have heads set using the playerHeadModel and customHeadSkin commands in their .npc file.
RGB Character Colours Adds an RGB slider option to all player species.
Better Entity Spawning The /spawn command now supports entity keys, e.g. "spawn fx_runner fxFile the/file".
.eent files Maps now load entities from mapentities/mapname.eent in addition to loading them from the .bsp file.
Raz0r's MP Movement Raz0r's MP-style movement from the SP speedrun version can be enabled by getting g_MPmovement to 1.
Extra Player Tints (Unused) Playermodels are able to have multiple tints. If you enter “newPlayerTint 0 <R> <G> <B>”, any shader stages for the player with “rgbGen lightingDiffuseEntity 0” will be tinted to this colour rather than the usual.
Ghoul2 view models First person view weapon models are now allowed to use .glm models using eezstreet's code.
Detachable E-Web The player can detach an E-Web from its mount by pressing the Use Force button whilst using it.
More usable weapons The tusken rifle and noghri stick are fully usable by the player.
Improved jedi_hm DT's very nice improved Human Male jedi is included.
Katarn Saberstyle A gun / saber stance. Not completely ready yet, but you play around with it (with cheats enabled) by doing "give weapon_bryar_pistol" and then "setsaberstyle katarn" in the console.
Saberthrow Saberthrow is now a force power.
New force powers Force Insanity, Destruction and Stasis have been added.
TrueView As seen in Open Jedi Project and all the other mods that used it, TrueView shows the player model in first person view. You can turn it on for guns with cg_trueguns and turn it on for sabers with cg_fpls.

Credits

Thanks to AJL for the SFX Sabers stuff (including SFX_Sabers.pk3). Thanks to Circa for the icons for the new heads. Thanks to Raz0r for the MP-style movement code. Thanks to AshuraDX for the saber hilt. Thanks to DT85 for the improved jedi_hm. Thanks to the JKG team for the unstable saber blade graphics and shaders. Thanks to eezstreet for the Ghoul 2 weapon view model code. Thanks to razorace (and the Open Jedi Project) for the use of the TrueView code under the GPL. Thanks to the OpenJK maintainers and contributors.
DarthStiv, Circa, Keyten and 7 others like this

Hi,

How do you play this mod with the Steam Version of JKA? Everytime that I try to start the game I get 'failed to load jacustomlibrary'. I have already tried what I found in the forums (Try launching with +set fs_game "OpenJK" or copy GameData/OpenJK/jagamex86.dll to GameData/base/jagamex86.dll). 

However, I do not know the small name of the mod to set a shorcut for it. It is not OpenJK, I tried with OpenJK_Customsp and it didn't work. Any help please?

In GameData/base you should have these extra files from the mod: saberbuilder_adx.pk3, SFX_Sabers_SP.pk3, sp_custom.pk3, zzzz_Jedi_HM.pk3 and jacustomgamex86.dll. In GameData you should also have SDL2.dll, openjk_customsp.x86.exe and rdcustomsp-vanilla_x86.dll. You should be able to launch with openjk_customsp.x86.exe if it's set up like that - if it's still not working perhaps you're missing the redistributable or something?

Nope, pretty sure that this happens because I'm trying to launch the game without using Steam. I remember that I got the same error when I tried to use different mods with their standalone exe's. It doesn't matter though! I bought the GOG version of JKA just to try your mod, Let me tell you that It's really awesome and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. Just a couple of suggestions though. I can't still see the difference between Insanity and Stasis. Both paralyze the enemy and Stasis does it better. Perhaps make it so Insanity slowly kills the enemy? Maybe you've already done that and I haven't realized yet. Really awesome mod!

Cheers!

Oh, could you also add a menu before each mission that makes you available to change your clothes?