JA: Enhanced Code Base

Guest Redemption

When you added SFXsabers, did you make any of you're own edits? The sabers look different compared to The OJP ones

They're the original SFX sabers (I think), there were probably some changes for the OJP version.

I've given in and made it so that alt attack lets you saberthrow again. Next up is probably bringing over some of @@eezstreet 's JK2 work like Trueview 2.0 and AI workshop.

what about deadly sight? could you make it not as powerful and have it not kill allies?

They're the original SFX sabers (I think), there were probably some changes for the OJP version.

I've given in and made it so that alt attack lets you saberthrow again. Next up is probably bringing over some of @@eezstreet 's JK2 work like Trueview 2.0 and AI workshop.

If you can, I don't know if you saw my review, but also include the black and negative saber as well. That would be AMAZING. :D

swegmaster likes this

if you do

saberCrystal 1 black
in the console that gives you the black saber. using the command again sets it back to normal. I'll make it a proper feature though.

Deadly sight is definitely something I can do.

what about destruction, will you make enemies sometimes push it back? or have them get some resistance to it? and with repulse, could you improve it a little, like maybe change anim from a swimming anim and make it more powerful?

if you do

saberCrystal 1 black
in the console that gives you the black saber. using the command again sets it back to normal. I'll make it a proper feature though.

Deadly sight is definitely something I can do.

I did not know that! :D Thanks, Red! How do I apply that to NPCs and Saber Files, though?

hold on, how do you give sabers custom looks, like unstable effect, and also some of the jkg blades?

also, i had a cool idea: what about the ability to create new weapons that use the same weapon types as other weapons?

ex. i wanna make an ak-47, but i don't wanna replace the repeater or any other weapon, so i make a .wep file and make all the attributes for it, like model location, weapon damage, weapon type, all of that in a .wep file, and when i test it ingame, i get an ak-47 without having to replace any weapon at all :)

also, could you make it so that the bryar and blaster pistols are binded to the 2 key so that you can switch between them?

EDIT: never mind my first question, i've figured it out, but you could also make it so that modders can literally make their own saber crystal types via .crystal, and do the same with sabercolors via .sabcolor

Edited by swagmaster

hold on, how do you give sabers custom looks, like unstable effect, and also some of the jkg blades?

also, i had a cool idea: what about the ability to create new weapons that use the same weapon types as other weapons?

ex. i wanna make an ak-47, but i don't wanna replace the repeater or any other weapon, so i make a .wep file and make all the attributes for it, like model location, weapon damage, weapon type, all of that in a .wep file, and when i test it ingame, i get an ak-47 without having to replace any weapon at all :)

also, could you make it so that the bryar and blaster pistols are binded to the 2 key so that you can switch between them?

EDIT: never mind my first question, i've figured it out, but you could also make it so that modders can literally make their own saber crystal types via .crystal, and do the same with sabercolors via .sabcolor

I was wondering about the first question. Do you mind telling me how you did it, Swagmaster? :)

As for everything else, I was wondering how to add weapons as well.

How about Iron-sights?

We need new weapon models before this is possible. The first person view models that are in the game now have the faces on the right hand side culled.

The new weapon models are also holding up sprinting.

Bek likes this

We need new weapon models before this is possible. The first person view models that are in the game now have the faces on the right hand side culled.

The new weapon models are also holding up sprinting.

@@eezstreet is there a thread that talks about the things that need to be implemented? If not, then there needs to be one, I think it'll totally speed up the completion of this mod.

swegmaster likes this

@@eezstreet is there a thread that talks about the things that need to be implemented? If not, then there needs to be one, I think it'll totally speed up the completion of this mod.

i know there is @'s review of it, it has what he thinks should be changed and implemented, as well as all the things he thinks are great in the mod

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

Totally unrelated to all the above, but did you ever fix the stance restriction/reliance? Some of the stances are forced to use the bottom half of the BOTH_STAND1 stance. So if you change the pistol stance, it looks ridiculous. Same with the melee stance. I think that should be fixed if possible. I think how it should be, is if it says BOTH_ then it should use both torso and legs of the frame. If it's TORSO_ then it uses the top half only, and LEGS_ (I think thats what it is) then only the bottom half. I think it was supposed to be like that, most if not all of them are hardcoded to not abide by that.

Totally unrelated to all the above, but did you ever fix the stance restriction/reliance? Some of the stances are forced to use the bottom half of the BOTH_STAND1 stance. So if you change the pistol stance, it looks ridiculous. Same with the melee stance. I think that should be fixed if possible. I think how it should be, is if it says BOTH_ then it should use both torso and legs of the frame. If it's TORSO_ then it uses the top half only, and LEGS_ (I think thats what it is) then only the bottom half. I think it was supposed to be like that, most if not all of them are hardcoded to not abide by that.

Nope. This is a common misconception, but I totally understand where it's coming from. They're called BOTH_ animations because on the skeleton they modify both the bones above the waist from the root and below. They aren't meant to modify them on the code.

Although I agree in this case, BOTH_STAND1 looks terrible.