Castlevania Mod - Plans/Summary

Ages ago there was a Castlevania Mod being done for JA, and we've decided to pick that back up again.

Basically, we are NOT doing this with the "SP total conversion or bust" mentality. While we'd love to remake Castlevania 64 in JA it just isn't realistic for us right now. So, the plan is to work on related content in the hopes that we finish it all and do end up with a solid Castlevania TC, but we're working on things in such a way that at any point in time if we need abandon the project or call it quits, we will still have enough content to release a smaller mod pack (some maps and models). Currently Omegasigma and I are working on mapping out sections from Castlevania 64/Castlevania Legacy of Darkness. We have a couple player models in the works and some weapons as well. THIS IS NOT A CASTLEVANIA 64 REMAKE, we are just taking a lot of inspiration from it since it was the first 3D Castlevania game to have the Castle so extensively mapped out, similar to what we intend to do in JA. There will be content from all kinds of Castlevania games and original content as well.

If you wish to contribute we would love to have you on the team, every little texture and map object is still a huge help to us, and your feedback is also much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

There was another Castlevania mod way back when that wanted me to add my shield style to the skeleton and an Alucard model. I did and sent it to them, but nothing ever came of that mod. Thing is I still have the skeleton and Alucard already to go with the shield style if ya'll want them. :)

There was another Castlevania mod way back when that wanted me to add my shield style to the skeleton and an Alucard model. I did and sent it to them, but nothing ever came of that mod. Thing is I still have the skeleton and Alucard already to go with the shield style if ya'll want them. :)

Yeah we've got the incomplete Alucard model like OmegaSigma said, just gotta make it fully functional.

@@CaptainCrazy: We're not really going for a full remake exactly, we're kind of working away at this with the approach of "Making a TC would be sick so let's work towards that, but all the content we make should be rad on its own as well." So at the end of the day if we do finish a TC and it's just "meh", no worries. It'll be fun regardless to make and play, and we will still have lots of maps, models, weapons etc. that people can use like any normal mod download. Think of it like an MP mod pack, that we are trying to make as a SP experience as well.

CaptainCrazy likes this
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@@Botdra hasn't been on in awhile. How sad.  :(

Doesn't mean I haven't been creeping. :)

School has taken over. I still plan to work on this mod but it's going to be on and off. I've got Xmas break coming up and at LEAST one week of that will be dedicated to continuing my maps. Chalk is still working on some awesome stuff too, which you'll see as soon as he's done.

Things are going to be slow on this, but they will be happening.

Circa likes this

Doesn't mean I haven't been creeping. :)

School has taken over. I still plan to work on this mod but it's going to be on and off. I've got Xmas break coming up and at LEAST one week of that will be dedicated to continuing my maps. Chalk is still working on some awesome stuff too, which you'll see as soon as he's done.

Things are going to be slow on this, but they will be happening.

Yep, that's what it's been like for most people. :D Good to hear you'll be getting some time soon.