Level 1: Nar shaddaa

Started on this tonight, here's a few alterations including a WIP new pipe texture with env shine:

0c1x.png

Can't seem to get specular to work for some reason, using the shader code from player models doesn't work well.

Here's the bar so far:

v3d3.png

Already killed the two Gran, but they spawn where the two beer glasses are. :P

Can someone please tell me how to give Kyle a weapon on spawn? Script doesn't work, and I currently have to place the bryar on the floor and run over it lol. :(

If I remember right, there's two ways, the scripted version, and the unscripted.

To make a script using BehavED.

Open up your behavED program, first click on affect (should be at the top)

Double click the :"DEFAULT" portion of the affect, and put in player, leave everything else unchanged.

Make sure the next portion is set to be inside the affect.

I'm sure you already know how to keep the saber from appearing, but just in case. Select: set ( <str> <str> ), double click it,

go to the first drop menu, select SET_SABER1 and in the other window, type "none" (without quotes of course).

As for the weapon, SET_WEAPON then, as it looks like you want just the Bryar, WP_BRYAR_PISTOL.

In GTKRadiant, make a trigger_once that the player will immediately spawn into, link a target_scriptrunner to it, open up the entity menu, do usescript, then link your script in there, and it should work.

If you want the unscripted version, just drop a bryar pistol immediately on the spawn, but scripts are more accurate and professional-looking.

DT85 likes this

Thanks heaps, my own attempt at setting the weapon via script just didn't work. I found for some reason I can't have any items or weapon entities in the same space as the player start. :/

Any one have an idea why once I upgrade from the bryar to the e11, I can't switch back to the bryar?

That....I have no idea. :( I wish I could help you more. It might be a limitation with the game or something. To be honest I've only ever seen the bryar pistol (in single player) be used by Kyle during the Byss level. Even in multiplayer it's extremely bugged.

lpriefer01 likes this

Thanks heaps, my own attempt at setting the weapon via script just didn't work. I found for some reason I can't have any items or weapon entities in the same space as the player start. :/

Any one have an idea why once I upgrade from the bryar to the e11, I can't switch back to the bryar?

That's just how JA works. You're not technically supposed to have the bryar so i doesn't support it fully. You'll probably have to replace the DL-44 blaster pistol with the Bryar like how I believe the DF mod did.

you could even go further and just swap the weapon settings via ext_data/weapons.dat

but I think the only difference between both guns are the effects as If I remember correctly they function the same way and also share the same alt-fire

I edited the weapons.dat to swap out the model.

@

SET_SABER1 doesn't exist so I tried SET_WEAPON instead. However, this script doesn't work:

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
 set ( $get( STRING, "SET_WEAPON")$, "none" );
 set ( $get( STRING, "SET_WEAPON")$, "WP_BLASTER_PISTOL" );
}

I've replaced the blaster pistol with the bryar so that's taken care of. :)

Still can't get that script to give me a weapon though. I've managed to stop the saber from being added by checking "noweapon" on the player_start.

SP.

Hmm, won't even load this script:

affect ( "NPC_Bartender", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{

task ( "Get_Out" )
	{
		sound ( /*@CHANNELS*/ CHAN_VOICE, "sound/chars/bartender/get_out.wav" );
	}

}

I have a target_scriptrunner linked to a trigger_once that only the player can trigger.

SP.

Hmm, won't even load this script:

{

task ( "Get_Out" )
	{
	}

}

I have a target_scriptrunner linked to a trigger_once that only the player can trigger.

I'll do some research regarding the weapon problem, I never knew if it was an entity key or a scripted command that made the lightsaber unusable...

Anyway, your script looks great, and the task is solid, but you need to run the task. Use the "do" or "dowait" and fill in the task's name. Tell me if that works. Make sure the do/dowait is in the affect.

DT85 likes this

Thanks for posting. :) I have the saber not loading anymore via "noweapon" on player start, I just can't get it to give me the WP_BLASTER_PISTOL.

With the bartender, still nothing :(

rem ( "get out of my bar!" );

{

task ( "Get_Out" )
	{
	}

do ( "Get_Out" );
}

Must be my entities then. :(

Here's a rundown of them:

t7w.png