Jaden Korr as canon

So I literally just found out that Jaden is officially accepted as canon and is actually in books. Am I the only one that didn't already know this? 

The Wookieepedia entry is pretty entertaining to read, especially when they talk about JA. Every other part makes him sound actually cool though. As well as the drawings of him. Why couldn't they make him like that in the game?!

"Occasionally, Korr would arm himself with a number of other projectile, explosive, and energy weapons, including a DXR-6 disruptor rifle, a Wookiee Bowcaster, an Imperial Heavy Repeater, Destructive Electromagnetic Pulse 2 ion carbine, FC-1 flechette launcher, Stouker concussion rifle, PLX-2M portable missile launcher, thermal detonators, laser trip mines and detonation packs. He also employed personal energy shields while out on missions."

Wow. :P

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaden_Korr

But yeah, I had no idea.  :blink:

It isn't Jaden that I don't like about the JA story, it's actually Kyle. His personality is nothing like the Kyle we all grew up with in previous Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games and where the F is Jan?

So the cannon version of Jaden is him with the short brown hair, caucasian male wearing the somewhat old Jedi looking outfit? That's good since I used Jaden in MP since I don't want to be seen as Kyle and people rarely use Jaden but I use the one with blonde hair and the black outfit that is last in the selection.

eezstreet likes this

I knew he was canon, but I kinda thought they approached him wrong. They made him so up-tight and boring...at least in the snippets in novels I've read. But yeah...wasn't there something about him being cloned in there, too? Interesting history, though.

Circa likes this

Clone?!?!?!

I'm noticing some mistakes maybe? It says "He was a human male clone" and he "helped Jan Ors search for his old master". Something don't sound right...

EDIT: Wait nevermind it talks about the cloning business a little more? And then by his master it meant Jaden's master Kyle.

What @@Jango40 said. And yeah I knew it. It's a rather interesting story, and nice to read up on. He's described as badass, yet in JA...well, sigh. It's what we know.

Yet, I DO like Jaden, but like someone else said, I just don't really like Kyle's attitude. I mean. "You're a terrific Jedi and the best I've ever trained"? WTF? Come on, Kyle wouldn't say that, Kyle wouldn't give a shi-. Have I mentioned that with everything he's seen it's more likely he becomes Sith than Jedi. O.o.

therfiles likes this

What @@Jango40 said. And yeah I knew it. It's a rather interesting story, and nice to read up on. He's described as badass, yet in JA...well, sigh. It's what we know.

Yet, I DO like Jaden, but like someone else said, I just don't really like Kyle's attitude. I mean. "You're a terrific Jedi and the best I've ever trained"? WTF? Come on, Kyle wouldn't say that, Kyle wouldn't give a shi-. Have I mentioned that with everything he's seen it's more likely he becomes Sith than Jedi. O.o.

Kyle would care but he wouldn't be so corny about it. I feel like they did the same crap with Rosh. He was such a corny 2D character like Jaden. Also felt like that about Tavion. 

He's pseudo-friends with Jaden. Gets tempted by the dark side/jealous of Jaden and stuff. When Jaden tries to talk him out of it he actually listens for a sec making him less corny. But still. The scene later between Jaden and Rosh is kinda beat. Rosh never even says "I'm sorry", I guess it's implied but considering he tried to kill Jaden that's the least he can do. It would've been nice if Rosh could've actually done something cool like save you from Alora or something in a cutscene.

Meh.

as far as i know, Lucasfilms has an entire staff on hand that decides what gets put into the complicated hierarchy of Star Wars canon. Lucas gets veto power over anything, and whatever he puts in the Star Wars movies trumps everything else; under that is basically everything in the EU, except for a few exceptions. Jedi Academy is nice and safe in there.

presumably, Disney kept all that stuff around when they bought Lucasfilms, including the poor souls whose job it is to organize the Star Wars EU canon. i suppose if they really wanted to, they could take a role in that. i'm not sure why they'd want to, though, since all it would really do is piss off fanboys. and even though Disney is the rapidly-growing Evil Empire, they don't necessarily go meddling in all of their properties.

on the other hand, if the new movies start their own continuity, they may exercise a different policy over what would essentially be their own version of Star Wars.

if they keep the same system in which the movies trump everything else, then there wouldn't really be two versions of Star Wars canon, there'd just be the one--and about thirty years' worth of EU material that mostly got thrown into the realm of "non-canon." that sort of happened when Lucas produced the prequels. in EU works that were made before The Phantom Menace came out, there are numerous references to events in the prequels, like the Clone Wars, that wound up getting rendered non-canon because the films themselves contradicted them later on. so if Abrams goes his own way with the new movies, then everything from The Truce at Bakura on would probably meet the same fate one way or another. it wasn't such a big deal when the prequels came out because Star Wars writers tended to avoid that territory in the first place, but they've obviously not avoided writing about what happens after Return of the Jedi.

i'm not sure who would really be happy with this, but if they stick with the same system, it's what would happen.

Circa likes this

Yeah, Raven sucks at cinematics and dialogue.

Fun fact: the writer for JKA/JK2 is now the president of a games company, and was also a very high-ranking member of Activision at one point. I honestly don't blame him, as JK2's script is actually frankly very good from what I've seen of it.

I blame Lucasarts for fucking things up, this has their name written all over it.

EDIT: I'm possibly jumping to conclusions on who wrote the script (was basing my assumption on metadata in the Word document); there doesn't appear to be any clear indication of who actually wrote the damn thing anywhere. Either way, the same person was consulting for writers at that point in time

Circa likes this