Mara Jade

So she wears a pair of shoulder straps over her bodysuit for no reason?

She's one crazy Mara.

You should see the figure I based the original skin on.  The straps on that figure do NOT connect at the back or at all.  And I think it could easily support a small pack of some kind.

Sweet jesus I'd be sculpting instead of retexturing right now if that were so lol. :P

For JKA, I don't see much of a point to spend time sculpting high res models. It's quicker to make the object and texture it for me.

Sweet jesus I'd be sculpting instead of retexturing right now if that were so lol. :P

For JKA, I don't see much of a point to spend time sculpting high res models. It's quicker to make the object and texture it for me.

Not to mention super-duper high res textures would be kind off pointless in a game with such a dated engine.

So, what exactly is left to do?

You get AO map details that create a solid base to start the texturing process...everything is in the right place so no guess work as to what detail goes where and you get gradient / shadows baked in.

Yeah I know, but I find it's faster to just texture sometimes rather than going through the process of importing/sculpting/texture exporting. I always use AO & cavity for my own creations (ie my original Stormtrooper for StarWars Battlecry), but this model doesn't have any crazy UVW co-ords so I can paint things alot faster and I don't have to worry about normal maps. :P

I would have liked to make my own from scratch, but now there's narshadda to worry about. I'll have a look over Mara tonight and finalise everything, then upload it here. ;)

You can always worry about a version 2 later.  Though I'd like to see how you would design her outfit based on Zahn's descriptions for when you make your own. ;)

EDIT: The suspense is killing me! :D

TheWhitePhoenix likes this