List of Lucasarts canceled games; includes Jedi Knight 3

The only bad thing with LucasArts closing was the loss of the adventure titles. Not to me personally though. I never cared for them, but lots of people did.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're gone, I'm sure some 3rd party developer would be interested.

JKG Developer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually don't react too emotionally, but I wish, I have never seen this page with all the titles.

Just looking through them briefly made me feel very sad, and yet there seemed to be so much optimism, so much fun and opportunity surrounding any of the games, that never saw their way beyond discussing ideas.

If so many were removed from the lucky ones, that we actually were able to play, then it's only fair and quite obvious, that we've seen so many people, starting making mods and unofficial mods. And this relates not just to Star Wars...

My dream game would be a Star Wars game that is similar to Skyrim, but with multiple planets that are as big as that map to travel to. I would make that kind of game my second life. Here's to hoping Bethesda might pick up a Star Wars title.

Hmmm sounds a bit like phase IV of a certain mod I love...

Circa likes this

JKG Developer

• 6 months later...

I usually don't react too emotionally, but I wish, I have never seen this page with all the titles.

Just looking through them briefly made me feel very sad, and yet there seemed to be so much optimism, so much fun and opportunity surrounding any of the games, that never saw their way beyond discussing ideas.

If so many were removed from the lucky ones, that we actually were able to play, then it's only fair and quite obvious, that we've seen so many people, starting making mods and unofficial mods. And this relates not just to Star Wars...

I played jk1 pretty hardcore just as much as jk2. Both I bought on the day they came out.

This thread reminds me of what I think every time I visit one of my favorite jk1 sites Massassi temple

http://www.massassi.net/

It's essentially a dead game even more so then jk2\jka (i play more jk2 than jka) but people are still active there for some reason like here.

NumberWan likes this

My first thoughts that came to me when Lucas Arts shut down were:

1 No chance to see more Monkey Island games

2) No chance to get  an updated TIE Fighter or X-Wing Alliance.  The mods for X-Wing Alliance make the game look great, but, its not the same as something new.

• 3 months later...

You know, just a thought, but JKA has all the right tools to make a worthy sequel to the Jedi Knight series. It's basically JK2 expanded/improved. What's stopping us from creating a sequel SP TC mod with a brand new story and gameplay with Kyle in the spotlight? We can even modify aspects of the engine code, now. Just because Raven didn't do it, doesn't mean we need to wait and moan about it. We can just as well make it ourselves. In fact, we already have a new Kyle design that would fit the sequel. Not to mention countless maps and levels that could be used.

It requires level designs, story-writing, model-making, and cutscene scripting, but it's nothing we haven't already done in the past. It's just a more serious project, requiring more work. We could also find volunteer/fan, skilled voice actors who sound very close to the original voice actors -- or better yet sound more like what we agree on better suits the characters.

The SP engine is flexible and fully scriptable. It's totally handy for such a project.

Bek likes this

Nah, not in this engine. Would make sense to do it in something better, like id Tech 4, 5, or 6. I think that that kyle skin makes him look much younger and uh..stealthier, which doesn't fit his MO.

I'm not really into fan-fiction either; I'd rather have a professional writer on board. And JA's story thrown out completely because it's fucking garbage.

No, I meant continuing JO storyline, not JA...

We can treat JA as a side-story, since Kyle is rarely around with his students, anyway. He's not really interested in teaching, and he is continuing to concentrate on his own missions. He probably has good reason to. It's almost like Raven had left us space to work with to create a worthy Jedi Knight sequel.

It would also explain why he is so distracted from the events in JA, and taken by surprise. If someone has way more pressing matters to attend to, it's not surprising that a peculiar dark-side twist home at the Academy would throw them off their feet and catch them somewhat unprepared.

You know, just a thought, but JKA has all the right tools to make a worthy sequel to the Jedi Knight series. It's basically JK2 expanded/improved. What's stopping us from creating a sequel SP TC mod with a brand new story and gameplay with Kyle in the spotlight? We can even modify aspects of the engine code, now. Just because Raven didn't do it, doesn't mean we need to wait and moan about it. We can just as well make it ourselves. In fact, we already have a new Kyle design that would fit the sequel. Not to mention countless maps and levels that could be used.

It requires level designs, story-writing, model-making, and cutscene scripting, but it's nothing we haven't already done in the past. It's just a more serious project, requiring more work. We could also find volunteer/fan, skilled voice actors who sound very close to the original voice actors -- or better yet sound more like what we agree on better suits the characters.

The SP engine is flexible and fully scriptable. It's totally handy for such a project.

I agree with what @eezstreet said in regards to the new Kyle design. I prefer Kyle the mercenary over Kyle the Jedi, myself. Hell, I'd rather see non Jedi stories more often in what people make.

I think the most valuable project to actually take on is the Dark Forces 2 conversion that whoever was working on. The story is there, characters, maps, ect... The game itself was fantastic which is a good enough reason to do it. Then, the hardest thing would be to  get people involved and committed. At least the rest would be known, albeit have to be constructed.

eezstreet likes this

I agree with what @eezstreet said in regards to the new Kyle design. I prefer Kyle the mercenary over Kyle the Jedi, myself. Hell, I'd rather see non Jedi stories more often in what people make.

Well, he was never really a Jedi at heart to begin with, and the stealth gear doesn't make him a Jedi either, just more experienced/professional IMO.

But I agree with you both. The old Dark Forces Kyle is the real deal. Perhaps he should focus more on his mercenary ways in the sequel, and only use his Jedi powers for practical purposes. He was never one to adopt the Jedi way, after all. He likes things practical. ^_^

i dont know if anyone remembers it as im kinda fuzzy on the details. wasnt there some leaked info that the next jedi knight game was gonna be about obi-wan? cause i remember something like that came out and alot of people didnt like the idea.

• 3 weeks later...