List of Lucasarts canceled games; includes Jedi Knight 3

star_wars_annulation.jpg

Don't know how many people knew this, but Jedi Knight III was apparently planned, and Jedi Master was a spinoff series that eventually came to be The Force Unleashed.

Unknown source, appears to be a book of some kind. Possibly a retrospective of Lucasarts.

UPDATE: Source appears to be legitimate, here is a link to the book.

UPDATE 2, @@Fighter, could you change the name of this topic to "List of Lucasarts canceled games; includes Jedi Knight 3"

z3filus, Slonik, Circa and 6 others like this

The jediknight\darkforces series was always excellent because they had the best FPS engines of their day. I would have loved to have seen jk3 on a crytek 3 engine. That's the first engine I've seen that really shocked me as of late at least on it's higher settings.

Jedi Engine=dark forces engine developed by lucasarts

Sith Engine=jk1 engine made by lucasarts

jk2\jka= quake 3 engine by ID

I like the idea that the quality of a game logo can decide whether or not they will actually develop a game for said logo.

Having said that ... I find it difficult to distinguish which of these could have actually been titles for games at the drawing board stage from those which were probably just creative exercises on the part of Lucasarts employees.

somthing i would like to see is the gameplay of a ealy wip of the game, mostly they make a ealy gameplay of the game there has been thinking about and then show of it is okay or not :P

maybe ask kickstarter devp for make one of the titels :D

Doesn't seem legit to me, but if it is it seems disorganized...?

Either way, this makes me sad.

It's legit, see the link below (it's from a book which has a foreword by George Lucas and was written by an ex-LA employee)

truly this is a big shame that LA didn't make more games by it's own instead of licensing their titles to 3rd party studios. sure that bioware did a great job for KOTOR but  they did make TFU and it was good, TFU2 was bad unfortunately. being consoles port to pc didn't help LA that much. 1313 had a nice story line and good gfx, haven't tested the game nor seen how it was played since i can't afford to go to the E3 or GDCs events. If only they did give a small damn to their fans maybe they would have make better games.

Anyway hope that the next EA games for Star Wars won't fail us.

LA getting shut down was good news to me, mostly because I figured that the source release might happen (and it did), and we would see great new titles from third party developers (which has also happened). If you consider the B-grade crap that LA has been shoveling out lately (Star Wars Kinect and TFU 2), it's not hard to miss anything when that was their future.

I predict that once the new movies come out, we will see a very aggressive push by Disney to get more third party developers (not just EA) on board.

Futuza, Stoiss, Sentra and 1 other like this