Now i understand why you guys don't like KoTF!

After i was contacted by another member here i fully understand why you dislike this mod and i am kinda shocked myself.   I offered to help the guy who made it, once or twice, but he came across as kinda arrogant and pompous.  I had no idea that he was using other peoples work, stealing it for his mod.  On his website it comes across that he used their work with their permission and it comes across as a glorified collaboration but now i understand differently.

I often wondered why it was moving at such a slow pace and never really went anywhere when it came to overall design and progress.  I have often wanted to make my own version of it but only with work that i have done myself and/or people on a team/community that i give full credit to.  He often said that things were missing from the mod because it was his choice, but now i see that he HAD no choice, he just worked with what he could steal.

You can't deny that the mod idea itself is very good but now i know the truth i'll not praise it anymore, i'll still play it but i wont praise it or promote it.

If only someone could try it again and do it right. That would be awesome.

Yeah but that would take even more time, and that's not really something the JA community has anymore. Or ever did for that matter. It really wouldn't be worth it.

True. It's a great shame the JA community isn't what it used to be.

Yes but it's no surprise. It's the way of life. You can't expect a video game to flourish forever. It's actually a miracle that it's staying afloat right now, with the source code released and all.
Bek likes this

Anybody know of what actual work Osman did himself for that mod?

9i8z.png

^Bantha Fodder

We could always find a side pic of him and model him doing un-natural things to tauntauns rofl

He stopped spelling his last name the same so people would stop trolling him... God bless google image search lol

Bek, Futuza and Omicron like this

So that's Tim??? lol.

I did try Movie Battles II but i found the dueling system to be kinda sluggish, like one swing ever 2 seconds or so was just too slow for me and kinda unrealistic xD  Maybe it's part of the whole process or something i dunno.

Unrealistic? It's way more realistic than JKA (We should stop calling it jk3), but harder and less fast-paced.

Unrealistic? It's way more realistic than JKA (We should stop calling it jk3), but harder and less fast-paced.

I mean that nobody would swing a sword, or anything resembling a sword, once every 2 seconds.  I guess i prefer fast paced xD

The visuals are far better but still

Well as a longsword fencer I'll say CaptainCrazy is mostly right. The majority of people think that harder and faster is what one should strive for in a fight. There are a number of great fighters in HEMA that do that. There are also some fighters that are a bit slower and just as good. They tend to be technical fighters who think and understand what their opponent is doing.

Then of course there are people who can do both and they are beasts!

I mean that nobody would swing a sword, or anything resembling a sword, once every 2 seconds.  I guess i prefer fast paced xD

The visuals are far better but still

I still think MB2 is much more realistic when it comes to saber combat (watch some actual fencing videos...slow).  HOWEVER, I do agree that it is too slow to be properly fun.

JKG Developer

I still think MB2 is much more realistic when it comes to saber combat (watch some actual fencing videos...slow).  HOWEVER, I do agree that it is too slow to be properly fun.

Sadly i don't really know first hand as, when i join servers, all's i can seem to do is spectate.

Anybody know of what actual work Osman did himself for that mod?

^Bantha Fodder

We could always find a side pic of him and model him doing un-natural things to tauntauns rofl

He stopped spelling his last name the same so people would stop trolling him... God bless google image search lol

Though he stole everything, he still took that crazy amount of time to put it together. People give him no credit for anything but time is a huge factor. Even if he did steal things.

I'm sure it's probably not as bad as I portray it, but stolen work is just absolutely ridiculous. ESPECIALLY with JKA!  If someone took my TIE facility, swapped some textures and called it theirs, the entire community would kill his face for even trying that and everyone would immediately scream bullshit. Because we're all friends here and we all go by a certain un-stated code of honor. Like Clone Troopers =P  We all take a lot of time out to do this for everyone, and for free you know? Asking nothing in return. It's like stealing from a Food Bank. To me it's like saying yeah Hitler was a dooshbag, but he worked hard so give em credit. F*ck em. Order66 his whole mod and I hope he drowns

ROFL!! sorry I just woke up

Bek, Circa and Setlec like this

I'm sure it's probably not as bad as I portray it, but stolen work is just absolutely ridiculous. ESPECIALLY with JKA!  If someone took my TIE facility, swapped some textures and called it theirs, the entire community would kill his face for even trying that and everyone would immediately scream bullshit. Because we're all friends here and we all go by a certain un-stated code of honor. Like Clone Troopers =P  We all take a lot of time out to do this for everyone, and for free you know? Asking nothing in return. It's like stealing from a Food Bank. To me it's like saying yeah Hitler was a dooshbag, but he worked hard so give em credit. F*ck em. Order66 his whole mod and I hope he drowns

ROFL!! sorry I just woke up

Haha valid point, although I wouldn't equate Tim with Hitler. :P
Setlec and ChalklYne like this