How many SP players are there here?

That's okay it wont happen again as long as they don't bash me.  I DID ask them many times to take this to PM's but they chose to keep it going on in here.  I respected your rules but they kept on taking the fight into the forums.

and not taking it to PM's.

You can't stop a person from retaliating, that would be unfair.

therfiles likes this

Co-op would be EPIC.

Yeah I agree, it's actually really fun to replay those good old campaigns with a bunch of friends. The same goes for a lot of other (but of course not all) games, but JK2/JKA seems quite suitable for coop in general due to the way that the gameplay works; except that one would have to balance the maps a bit and make them more interesting for more than one player, i.e. add more enemies, slightly changed maps to accomodate more players and so on - akin to something that we have in svencoop for hl1 for example.

CaptainCrazy likes this

I absolutely love SP. The ability to tell a story and make your own missions is just so awesome. Making your own campaigns, cutscenes, events, SP just has that structure that MP doesn't. But both gamemodes are awesome in their own respect. Are SP NPCs dumb? Yes. Then mod them to be smarter. With SP, problems can be overcome easily to make an amazing map or mission.

Co-op would be AMAZING. Combined with the structure of SP and the intelligence and teamwork MP has, it would be so fun.

I really wish scripting and making levels and campaigns was easier. I would definitely do it. I've tried to learn but haven't got the hang of it yet.

Yeah I agree, it's actually really fun to replay those good old campaigns with a bunch of friends. The same goes for a lot of other (but of course not all) games, but JK2/JKA seems quite suitable for coop in general due to the way that the gameplay works; except that one would have to balance the maps a bit and make them more interesting for more than one player, i.e. add more enemies, slightly changed maps to accomodate more players and so on - akin to something that we have in svencoop for hl1 for example.

Yeah, definitely. More enemies for sure. Right now there's not hardly enough for one player.

Co-op campaign would be so awesome! I'm sure how it would work for jk2, unless one player was kyle and the other was jan, but then the second player would have to become like a mercenary or something, so it atleast still made sense. 2 kyles would be a bit weird.

Co-op campaign would be so awesome! I'm sure how it would work for jk2, unless one player was kyle and the other was jan, but then the second player would have to become like a mercenary or something, so it atleast still made sense. 2 kyles would be a bit weird.

With the right people making it/coding it, it could be possible.

I'm playing JKA SP mostly.

What makes me coming back to it, is the saber and force combat. The story is weak, the graphics are outdated, but the saber/force combat and star wars feeling haven't been matched by any other star wars game out there. I just love choking reborns while throwing my saber at his buddies or letting all of them fly. Now when I really want a challenge I spawn tavion_new or desann, which is always very challenging and fun. The situations that come from the combat are sometimes really cinematic and epic.

That's why I'm playing it.

katanamaru and Setlec like this

Same, the physics in SP feel so fluid and juicy, much better than in MP.

Have you guys ever played the SP campaign, "Escape from yavin IV, the lost maps?" The campaign comes to about 300MB, but it is friggen huge, the campaign is much longer than jka, the enemies are extremely challenging, sure the campaign needs some work, but it would be perfect for coop. The way it is set up just makes it that way.

katanamaru and Circa like this

Same, the physics in SP feel so fluid and juicy, much better than in MP.

Have you guys ever played the SP campaign, "Escape from yavin IV, the lost maps?" The campaign comes to about 300MB, but it is friggen huge, the campaign is much longer than jka, the enemies are extremely challenging, sure the campaign needs some work, but it would be perfect for coop. The way it is set up just makes it that way.

I didn't even know about that, thanks for bringing that up. Downloading now. I guess I missed that when it came out.

I didn't even know about that, thanks for bringing that up. Downloading now. I guess I missed that when it came out.

Oh one thing I would mention. The lost maps version has tons more content, however, I would like to say that two levels "The Old Factory" and "...I forget the name of the other one." are bugged and cannot be completed. (Actually, I wouldn't even call them bugged, more like just...incomplete).

However, you can probably just skip over these levels, but otherwise the mod is awesome! This was mainly because he this is just a beta he posted, but the mod is well worth playing. He even changed a cvar which allows you to pick up dropped sabers from enemies, although I prefer my saber.

The maker even released the map files and scripts, although I don't know if these include the lost maps: http://www.moddb.com/mods/escape-yavin-iv/addons/escape-yavin-iv-maps-and-scripts

Circa likes this

Okay thanks for the warning. Apparently that is the second version and there's a first version too that's a little different. I'm going to try both.

I played both but never completed the first version. I would like to remind you, that there is at least a good 30-40 hours of gameplay if you play both. Good luck :)

Circa likes this

The NPCs in JKA are laughable, stormtroopers stand still and shoot at you, Sith run at you even after witnessing about 5 of their own being slaughtered, sometimes they will run off a cliff and fall to their death, most campaign missions can be easily completed in 5-10 minutes, etc. SP just has little to no challenge, the SP mods out there that give unrealistic health amounts to NPCs aren't any fun either, in fact the only SP mod I actually ever liked was Syndicate: Initiation which was mostly just puzzles.

In SP, walking is faster than jumping. WHAT IS THIS

I do not agree with this. Jumping keeps the same speed at which the player was moving when the jump occurred. I know for certain since I was testing the g_speed command thouroughly to find the right setting.

Obviously NPCs can never be as challenging as real players. But playing against Desan or tavion with dismemberment enabled is not that easy for noobs like me :P. Online battles are also nice, but in a totally different way IMO. There it's about competing, it's basically a sword fighting game with a few techniques that are like a MP gameplay paradigm. I don't want to degrade it, it's sure a lot of fun.

But what makes the SP so compelling for me, is the cinematic, Star-Wars-like experience. All sorts of force powers are used, sabers are thrown, jumps made etc. It may not be the most effective fighting stance, but it feels very authentic and epic to me. Plus the mentioned fluency of SP compared to MP.

The NPCs in JKA are laughable, stormtroopers stand still and shoot at you, Sith run at you even after witnessing about 5 of their own being slaughtered, sometimes they will run off a cliff and fall to their death, most campaign missions can be easily completed in 5-10 minutes, etc. SP just has little to no challenge, the SP mods out there that give unrealistic health amounts to NPCs aren't any fun either, in fact the only SP mod I actually ever liked was Syndicate: Initiation which was mostly just puzzles.

Only way to make them challenging is try to take on 100 rockettroopers (without using the force ofc) all located on the other side of a gap you have to jump across to get to.

JKG Developer

Only way to make them challenging is try to take on 100 rockettroopers (without using the force ofc) all located on the other side of a gap you have to jump across to get to.

But I'm too weak! Oh, don't kill me, please....