Playermodels Needed

Updated List

The ones with X's I need no help on as they are already built by myself or someone else. The rest have yet to be started

X__Proxy-done

X__Starkiller- what a disaster but coming along nonetheless

X__EVO trooper- done

X__Jump trooper- done

X__Incinerator trooper- @@DT85

X__Purge Trooper- done

X__Stormtroopers- @@DT85 just need a few variations (@@Barricade24 has some)

___Felucians- body is done

___Rancors- I have one done, but will most likely be rebuilding it soon and making a few variants

___Bull rancor- havent started yet

___ Junk Droids- not started yet

___Junk Titan-- havent started yet

X__Kazdan Paratus-- backpack and model are done

___Kota's militia- just a buncha different rebels i havent started any yet

___Dagobah creatures- i need to do some googling. i want some creatures like flying around or crawling or both.

X__Dark juno- junos head on a more dark, gothic kind of looking sith female body, started the body

___AT-ST Variants- @@minilogoguy18 has a very nice one I may ask for, also @@AshuraDX said he may take another crack at one of them

___Droids 1 and 2- haven't started or figured out which droids to use yet

X__Rodians- I have started the heads and would like to model them myself (or at least the heavy one)

I'd suggest adding bold to anything done so it stands out more. ;)

Toshi made a pretty good Vader, complete with a no mask option. Hapslash rebuilt & retextured Ravensoft's Stormtrooper model and is quite decent. I mention he rebuilt it incase you want everything 100% hand-made. :)

ChalklYne likes this

the playermodels needed for the mod are as follows...

Proxy-almost done just need to spend some time on optimizing the mesh for lower geometry.

Starkiller- what a disaster but coming along nonetheless

evo trooper- done

incinerator trooper- need to uvmap and texture will post him a thread soon

regular stormtroopers a few variations. i was hoping to bother someone for those skins and/or model.  havent started a model for it yet.

felucians- i have one felucian 2 felucian bodies I will post topics for them soon. but no heads yet.

rancors- im almost done with the custom rancor, then a few skins and itll be good to go

mutant rancor- havent started yet

junk titan- havent started yet

kazdan paratus- geometry and rigging are done just needs to be animated but I have just learned some tricks which will make it so much easier.

rebels- just a buncha different rebels i havent started any yet

a kaminoan- havent started

unfinished clones- havent started, but will use much of existing starkiller peices to make them.

dagobah creatures- i need to do some googling. i want some creatures like flying around or crawling or both.

medical droid- havent started yet

dark juno- junos head on a more dark, gothic kind of looking sith female body, started the face but not much yet

vader- havent started yet.

so yeah any help is greatly appreciated

If you're looking for STs I'm your man. I've been trying to create one a long time with the Haps model but I have gone through many drafts and I haven't tried again with some new skills I have learned. Also, whenever your finished with the EVO model I would absolutely love to make a Shadow EVO Trooper. I have been wanting to make one since I first saw your model.

By the way, not to push you or anything, but have you ever considered making a Jumptrooper? Anyway, I look forward to following this mod. Keep up the good work.

Horatio Culver likes this

Righteous yeah I will definitely be contacting you concerning those ST's, and will fix up the rigging on the hands for the EVO and shoot him to you for reskin. I will definately consider the Jumptrooper.

Sweet, I'll be looking forward to it.

I do have a Stormtrooper model which I made for use in Cryengine that I could port over for you:

picgbt.th.png

It's missing the specular in that pic, but imagine the appropriate shine with green tinge on the goggles. ;)

The model isn't mirrored is it? I have been itching to get my hands on a Stormtrooper model that isn't mirrored. Also, does he come with a Stormtrooper backpack or pauldron? Those are real essentials to ST models.

Horatio Culver likes this

I haven't made any packs or pauldrons yet, this is the base model. It's not long been made for Battlecry, and I haven't had alot of time to get more parts on him. And no, 95% not mirrored (bottom of the shoes are).

May not even be able to use it without a full overhaul, due to the tri count being 12,000 lol.

I don't get why no one does LOD's, I did some recently and it really doesn't take that long to do. Polygon reduction in Softimage doesn't ruin the envelope so all you do is copy, reduce and freeze modeling to remove the poly reduction operator and that's it. Of course some tweaking of the operator is needed but it's pretty quick using the sliders.

eezstreet and ChalklYne like this

I don't get why no one does LOD's, I did some recently and it really doesn't take that long to do. Polygon reduction in Softimage doesn't ruin the envelope so all you do is copy, reduce and freeze modeling to remove the poly reduction operator and that's it. Of course some tweaking of the operator is needed but it's pretty quick using the sliders.

same in 3ds max , could include LOD's but for usual I'm just to lazy to bother with them

in max you'd copy your weighted model , kill the envelopes , apply the pro optimizer modifier & let it crunch your model down and then apply skinwrap to the LOD and pick your main model as source

I do plan on doing LOD's, the original model's tri count is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high not to have them. However I will only be making 2 LODs, preferrably:

LOD0 - 7,500 tris (original model, need to get it down to this first or lower)

LOD1 - 5,500 tris

LOD2 - 3,500 tris

The only person who did make them that I know of was Hapslash, no one else (once again that I know of) did not even me.

To be honest, you may as well just use Hapslash's improved Stormtrooper. I'm really not liking the tri count on mine, and I can't really cut anymore detail out without ruining how the textures fit. That and I don't really feel like doing a full remake just for JKA.

There isn't really anything wrong with Haps one and it's already done, though it could use is a worn version.

ChalklYne likes this

To be honest, you may as well just use Hapslash's improved Stormtrooper. I'm really not liking the tri count on mine, and I can't really cut anymore detail out without ruining how the textures fit. That and I don't really feel like doing a full remake just for JKA.

There isn't really anything wrong with Haps one and it's already done, though it could use is a worn version.

I don't mean to be speaking for Chalk here, but the Haps model really needs a non-mirrored helmet. If someone could do that, that would really be all we need in terms of a good Stormtrooper model. I can't really skin a perfect Stormtrooper Commander without a non-mirrored helmet. I imagine that would be much easier than making a whole new model.

^For a simple stormtrooper the mirrored helmet doesn't matter, you'd have to go apeshit with scratches and dents to notice. Also since the stormies aren't colored like the clones it kinda doesn't matter there either.

I honestly think that haps stormtropper is more than good enough to be used, the detail is about as good as it gets to be both good looking and not too high poly for JA.

I'm also probably one of the pickiest people in JA and only want THE best of the best in my base folder which keeps it pretty empty compared to most people and haps stormtrooper has never left my base folder since the day it was released.

ChalklYne likes this

^For a simple stormtrooper the mirrored helmet doesn't matter, you'd have to go apeshit with scratches and dents to notice. Also since the stormies aren't colored like the clones it kinda doesn't matter there either.

I honestly think that haps stormtropper is more than good enough to be used, the detail is about as good as it gets to be both good looking and not too high poly for JA.

I'm also probably one of the pickiest people in JA and only want THE best of the best in my base folder which keeps it pretty empty compared to most people and haps stormtrooper has never left my base folder since the day it was released.

For a simple Stormtrooper, yeah the mirror doesn't really matter. The Stormtrooper Commander however, is kind of where the mirrored effect gets in the way. The Stormtrooper Commander has a one scar going down one side of his helmet, doing this without the mirror effect is possible but isn't 100% accurate. So if people want an ST Commander, it can be done, but it won't be picture perfect to the original unless an adjustment is made so that that won't be the case. 

Not trying to sound demanding, but I like to create things that are as accurate as possible.

Hell I dunno. Someone contact him see if I can remake it? If not screw it we can start one from scratch. I'd like to anyways. Much like the TIE fighter, I'd like to have my own version of a ST as well. If I did that... couldn't I add things like packs, paldrons, modified armor, different helmets, ammo, and other things and just rig em all to the same skele and just have variations via .skin files? I guess what i'm saying is would it greatly drop fps to have all that stuff on a model? or does the game plain not even load the geometry that is *off in the .skin? That way I could make a clonetrooper and a stormtrooper "create your own" kind of thing. I could use them for my mod, and it would be a cool download by itself. It would have to wait for about 2 weeks though because i have some things i need done first, then, i will need the ST. it would still be nice if someone could try and ask em if I can rebuild