Starkiller's Backhand Saber Style

I wont be sticking to the base anims

Ill release a regular humanoid one simultaneously

To me, thats like saying make a Grievous with just two arms. Or a Kazdan with no backpack. Or texturing a base rancor or mutant rancor to look like the bull rancor... its just sloppy in my eyes

Lizfizz and minilogoguy18 like this

I wish I knew how to pack my rig up into a addon or something that could be ran similar to the valve source one that will auto build the rig from the menu so that other versions of Softimage could use it but when I think about it you really don't need the full version at all.

As for Mac, it's not the best OS to use when it comes to game modding, you might want to consider dual booting Windows if you wanna tackle some real projects. When I was looking at going to an art school for game design a year ago most of the work stations they were using were top shelf Mac machines that dual booted Windows to allow for better flexibility. Not cost efficient for a consumer since the school probably gets a deal on the machine, a custom built PC for the same amount of money can greatly outperform a Mac since the price of their shelf units are high.

ChalklYne likes this

I wont be sticking to the base anims

Ill release a regular humanoid one simultaneously

To me, thats like saying make a Grievous with just two arms. Or a Kazdan with no backpack. Or texturing a base rancor or mutant rancor to look like the bull rancor... its just sloppy in my eyes

No you're misunderstanding me. Focus on making the animations for the character and don't worry about the cloth and belts.

Thats actually good advice. To approach your mod with reachable goals. Only thing I can say is, Ive been working on my mod for 6 years, if I was going to get burned out on development, it wouldve been in my earlier less knowledgeable, more negatively criticized days. Now its just a habit and I literally work on it daily, at least three times a day. Whether it be unwrapping a throwable, texturing, sculpting normals... it seems like its not being worked on because of my lack of updates, but thats mainly because everything is in pieces atm. I always appreciate the advice though.

I want this mod to add as much original content that I can muster. Especially Starkiller related stuff

Seven likes this

As for Mac, it's not the best OS to use when it comes to game modding, you might want to consider dual booting Windows if you wanna tackle some real projects. When I was looking at going to an art school for game design a year ago most of the work stations they were using were top shelf Mac machines that dual booted Windows to allow for better flexibility. Not cost efficient for a consumer since the school probably gets a deal on the machine, a custom built PC for the same amount of money can greatly outperform a Mac since the price of their shelf units are high.

Oh I know. Half my modding time has consisted of finding workarounds for mac. Computer sucks too, at least for what I paid for it. 3 years old and its slowing down considerably. I've been trying to get the money for a good pc with good enough specs to last me 7 or so years, but you know. For now I'm stuck on here and its good enough. Dual booting is an absolute nightmare through all the bugs and lag. And contacting support usually goes like this "Sorry, we can't help you with windows, call microsoft." "Sorry, we can't help you with mac, call apple"

Oh I know. Half my modding time has consisted of finding workarounds for mac. Computer sucks too, at least for what I paid for it. 3 years old and its slowing down considerably. I've been trying to get the money for a good pc with good enough specs to last me 7 or so years, but you know. For now I'm stuck on here and its good enough. Dual booting is an absolute nightmare through all the bugs and lag. And contacting support usually goes like this "Sorry, we can't help you with windows, call microsoft." "Sorry, we can't help you with mac, call apple"

A 3 year old Mac should work great. If it's "slowing down" then it's either due to the specs or something wrong with it. Macs tend to have longer lives than PC's in my opinion, unless you build a PC with great hardware and know how to take care of it. Consider upgrading your RAM and/or get a SSD hard drive. Those could change your computing life. 

If you have questions about modding on Mac, PM me and I can help you out. Or even just for help dual booting. I've dual booted Windows 7, 8 and 10 and only have had a couple issues in the past. I can help you out if needed.

I'm fairly certain you can get Softimage to work fine in VirtualBox as well. Can't remember if I did that once or not. 

Either way, Blender is supported on Mac, which can do much of what Softimage can. Just need to learn the program.

A 3 year old Mac should work great. If it's "slowing down" then it's either due to the specs or something wrong with it. Macs tend to have longer lives than PC's in my opinion, unless you build a PC with great hardware and know how to take care of it. Consider upgrading your RAM and/or get a SSD hard drive. Those could change your computing life. 

If you have questions about modding on Mac, PM me and I can help you out. Or even just for help dual booting. I've dual booted Windows 7, 8 and 10 and only have had a couple issues in the past. I can help you out if needed.

I'm fairly certain you can get Softimage to work fine in VirtualBox as well. Can't remember if I did that once or not. 

Either way, Blender is supported on Mac, which can do much of what Softimage can. Just need to learn the program.

I have no idea how to do animations in blender. Is there a tutorial?