Do you miss JK3files?

well, it's not entirely dead yet. It'd be a shame for all the files they host, but other than that I'm not too attached to it. Darth-Arth.de on the other hand... That's what really got me into modding. Shame it died.

My first mod I downloaded wasn't actually from JK3Files, it was from strategy informer:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwarsjediknightjediacademy/mod/32711.html

The great thing about SI is, is that it gets updated with new mods every few weeks or so, and it has some cool stuff on it which isn't on JK3Files, and/or Moddb. Like it has the 0.1 beta of 'Manhunt', which never got released, (mod ceased development, and the beta wasn't  publicly released, but it can be downloaded from SI)

Manhunt 0.1 beta:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwarsjediknightjediacademy/mod/27257.html

It quite a good a mod and well worth a try :)

Have JK3Files lost their administrators/moderators? It kinda pisses me off seeing how inactive and slow they are at uploading files. I've uploaded my files a year ago and it still haven't been put up.

No, they haven't. They simply don't want to do anything though.

For years people (including myself) have made various comments regarding the issues that have plagued the former Filesnetwork sites but unfortunately those comments have all fallen to deaf ears. Today's staffmembers are only on the spot because "it is cool" but refuse to take any real responsibility regarding their duties and the moment you out some criticism regarding the current status, they will go to great lengths to shut you up! An example can be found here and the deleted comment can be found here. For those who are interested, this is what an administrator had to say regarding my comment . . .

I for one don't miss it and hopefully Break Media come to their senses and decide to axe the network just like Ziff Davis have done four years ago and I would defintly encourage everyone NOT to use any of the Gamefront sites anymore, since you are nothing more then download and click advertisement cattle and no human being should ever be degraded to that level . . .

therfiles likes this

Signature.jpg

Well it was the best at one point, but all things must end. If it goes away I'll be a little sad because of all the good times I had checking out mods. The anticipation that when I got home from classes I was going to dl a new cool model, skin, or stage.

Aww dem feels.

miss the old JKFiles from the 2005-2007 era, there was always new stuff and it seemed like a well oiled machine. Sadly it is currently the polar opposite. 

*Gasp!* You mean back when the top 25 downloads were still at the TOP of the page?! And when the Poll feature actually WORKED? xD

Ah, the good old days. Back when you could visit the site several times a day and there'd be new uploads every time.

No, they haven't. They simply don't want to do anything though.

For years people (including myself) have made various comments regarding the issues that have plagued the former Filesnetwork sites but unfortunately those comments have all fallen to deaf ears. Today's staffmembers are only on the spot because "it is cool" but refuse to take any real responsibility regarding their duties and the moment you out some criticism regarding the current status, they will go to great lengths to shut you up! An example can be found here and the deleted comment can be found here. For those who are interested, this is what an administrator had to say regarding my comment . . .

I for one don't miss it and hopefully Break Media come to their senses and decide to axe the network just like Ziff Davis have done four years ago and I would defintly encourage everyone NOT to use any of the Gamefront sites anymore, since you are nothing more then download and click advertisement cattle and no human being should ever be degraded to that level . . .

I recently dared to mention that people should come to JKHub if they werent happy with JK3 Files and was excommunicated for advertising rival sites. I then pointed out that was a bit rich given that their site doesn't even fu*king work. He deleted all the posts. Tw*t.

After reading that post I'm convinced he doesn't even know what the meaning of the words "professionalism" or "customer service" are. Things were different in our day, Szico. Better not to even look now... it might be contagious.

To put it simply, that website is now a shell full of cunts and pricks. I'm glad that all the sane people migrated here...and I hope that the Hub does not morph into that monstrosity.

• 2 weeks later...