Hey all ...

Hello,

It's been a while I have shown my face back in the community, due to real life and the lack of inspiration (but once again I am here), but the oldschool people probably should know me. For those who dont know me, I am Lazarus and I was one of the four people who iniated the map-craft.com website back in 2004. Next to DarthG, GrawFox and BabySpinach, we saved RichDiesals JK2 tutorials in that time when map-center.com went offline back in 2004, due to an issue with their server, and with Rich Diesals permission, we rewrote and reworked them to a guide all beginning and advanced mappers should know about that worked with the quake 3 engine.

Map-center returned after that, but we became the alternative next to the massasi temple, map-review.com and the other tutorial and help websites continue extensive work on the quake 3 engine editing. As far as I knew, we had a very extensive tutorial section and well known mappers were active along our website, such as Sith J Cull, ShadowKnight (later a moderator / admin) and many others who you might see pass on JK3files.com

Myself, I am just an avarage mapper with a little knowledge of everything, however all combined give me the power to help out the people who require help. I released only one map back in the early days, and most of my work is for personal use and/or testing for different things. Right now, I forced attention to the singleplayer platform, however I am also intrested in working on side projects. I am since shortly active again fro the mod "Jedi Betrayal", my own SP work, which is a SP without lightsaber, just a simple gun (glowiesticks didnt cut it for me). Next to that, I have been thinking and drawing up a new idea for a capture-the-flag type of map that is not mirrored in any way.

For those who want to know more, I am 28 years old (I was 19 when I became active within the community), I live with my girlfriend in a city in the north of The Netherlands, I am a webdeveloper / webdesigner / interaction designer by proffesion and I am a photoshop addict.....

Smoo likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

TJA.. sorry, I never joined them (might have posted on their forum for a match back in the days, but we have to go back when i was ambassador of my clan). I still am in, some odd way in DtR (Dark Tide Rising), though we dont support JKA for now at the moment. (I was planning on relaunching it, pure to run a server for JK Galaxies) .. I am actually in the proces of redoing the website as we speak, since the old one was lame. Check it out (sorry, I am now building the forums, so posting is at this point not enabled) www.darktiderising.net

And yes, Ther, I am good thanks. I am gonna put some work in the Jedi Betrayal mod as well once again, I restarted mapping as well for Juman, however what the map will be, no idea ;) Just in the proces of building the models I need for my own mod and those I can share with Jedi Betrayal.

• 4 years later...