Picking up Dropped Sabers

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

How do I make it work?I get to include the function of picking up swords just by entering commands in console.

Is it possible this to work all the time, without entering into the console?

Sorry for my horrible English (((

I am from Russia

• 10 years later...
On 5/1/2013 at 12:30 PM, Circa said:

You could bind it to a key and press it every time you start a level.

In the autoexec.cfg, try putting quotes around the line like "seta g_saberpickupabledroppedsabers 1"

I can't seem to make this work. Does it not work for ja enhanced?

22 hours ago, CoryTrash said:

I can't seem to make this work. Does it not work for ja enhanced?

You must type 'helpusobi 1' and 'g_saberpickupabledroppedsabers 1' every time you start a level or loading a new map.

When the map changes, all of the settings you entered will be reset so that you have to re-enter these two codes.

Make [FileName].cfg file and type this code in that file.

helpusobi 1
g_saberpickupabledroppedsabers 1

After that, save the file in the base folder and open the console when you're playing the game.

And type this in the console.

bind <any key> exec [FileName].cfg

After this, try pressing <any key> and you will see enemy drops his saber on the floor.

On 5/2/2013 at 4:30 AM, Circa said:

In the autoexec.cfg, try putting quotes around the line like "seta g_saberpickupabledroppedsabers 1"

Typing codes in autoexec.cfg doesn't help you because option will be reset when a new map or level loads.

Autoexec.cfg executes just before loading maps and levels. It's just fruitless effort and wasting your time.

As far as I know I'm doing it right and it's just not working. I really hate how hard this website makes it to communicate with people about these topics. I could easily show you videos recorded on steam of what I'm doing and it would make it easier. I try not to pester people too much because everyone on here is a genius compared to my knowledge of mods and modding yet I've gotten pretty far on my own through advice and help from people on this website but it's like pulling teeth trying to get anyone to see what you're dealing with and I really feel like it could be a lot easier.

20 minutes ago, CoryTrash said:

As far as I know I'm doing it right and it's just not working. I really hate how hard this website makes it to communicate with people about these topics. I could easily show you videos recorded on steam of what I'm doing and it would make it easier. I try not to pester people too much because everyone on here is a genius compared to my knowledge of mods and modding yet I've gotten pretty far on my own through advice and help from people on this website but it's like pulling teeth trying to get anyone to see what you're dealing with and I really feel like it could be a lot easier.

You are probably better off joining the JK discord if you want quicker help. Forums are not the best if you are wanting instant responses.

I have no idea why it wouldn't be working, as far as I know that code wasn't touched in JAEnhanced but I could be wrong. It's more of a gimmick command than actually useful most of the time, imo. See if it's worth the trouble in OpenJK or for vanilla JKA. I remember trying it once back in the day, thinking "huh, kinda cool" and then turning it off.

15 minutes ago, Circa said:

You are probably better off joining the JK discord if you want quicker help. Forums are not the best if you are wanting instant responses.

I have no idea why it wouldn't be working, as far as I know that code wasn't touched in JAEnhanced but I could be wrong. It's more of a gimmick command than actually useful most of the time, imo. See if it's worth the trouble in OpenJK or for vanilla JKA. I remember trying it once back in the day, thinking "huh, kinda cool" and then turning it off.

Thanks for the discord tip, yeah I don't get why it's not working. I'm essentially trying to make a custom level where you start out without a lightsaber and pick one up from an enemy. 

9 minutes ago, CoryTrash said:

Thanks for the discord tip, yeah I don't get why it's not working. I'm essentially trying to make a custom level where you start out without a lightsaber and pick one up from an enemy.