Your Favourite Installment

Your Favourite Installment  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite installment of the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series?

• Dark Forces
    • Jedi Knight
    • Mysteries of the Sith
    • Jedi Outcast
    • Jedi Academy

Despite my love for JKA, I have always been a fan of JKO more than JKA. To put it simply...I enjoyed the story and I enjoyed the vibrant community that was created. 

Dark Forces as well as Shadows of the Empire, had stories that ran in parallel with the original trilogy. That and the fact that I was shocked when Dark Forces came out make it my favorite of all. Besides, I don't like what the force does to people.

I played JO before any of these games and loved it, but never owned it. I eventually got JA at Walmart in 2005 and didn't know it was even related to JO at the time until like a year or two later. Then I bought JO and loved them both. But JA will always be my favorite because of how often I played it and how I learned how to mod for it. I learned so much from it.

It's all about the first experience. I'm sure if I had played DF first and most, I would have loved it the most. Although I'm more of a fan of playing as a Jedi/Sith.

Man, this is hard. Let's see ... I like a lot of the improvements in Jedi Academy, like the dual sabers/saber staff, new force powers in SP, etc., and JKA is also a lot easier to mod, but it doesn't come close to Jedi Outcast's storyline and levels. I'll vote for Jedi Outcast, because I prefer the base game, but I like modding Jedi Academy more (especially since I've imported the Jedi Outcast levels into Jedi Academy).

Dragon, Arbok, Circa and 2 others like this

As far as unmodded campaigns go, Jedi Knight is my favorite, followed closely by Jedi Outcast. Anyone remember that JK level where you're inside a crashing ship and the entire level is rolling? That was awesome.

However if we take mods and moddability into account...Yeah, Jedi Academy is the best. Though it easily has the worst storyline of the series, in my opinion. But, the poll is about the game itself, not a poll about what the community has done with the game, so I voted Jedi Knight.

Arbok and Circa like this

Man, this is hard. Let's see ... I like a lot of the improvements in Jedi Academy, like the dual sabers/saber staff, new force powers in SP, etc., and JKA is also a lot easier to mod, but it doesn't come close to Jedi Outcast's storyline and levels. I'll vote for Jedi Outcast, because I prefer the base game, but I like modding Jedi Academy more (especially since I've imported the Jedi Outcast levels into Jedi Academy).

if only we could have staff saber into JO then bye bye JKA.

anyway JO got my vote but honestly i couldn't chose btw JK and JO so i had to use a coin to decide which one i would select.

To be honest, this is indeed a very hard one, however if I have to go all the way back to the very beginning, where my intrest in star wars comes from, I have to say Dark Forces. I played this at a friend who had this, and I totally loved it. I think it came on a bunch of floppy discs or so, I cant remember, but it was epic. A good shared number 2 is outcast / academy. Outcast for the story, academy for the varied ammount of weapons and saber stances.

Dragon likes this

The original Jedi Knight by far.

Whilst Dark Forces will always hold a special place in my heart, the growth of Kyle Katarn into a fledgling Jedi and learning about his past got me hooked. That and of course the original Jedi Knight was before 'every bad-guy and his dog' had to be a Dark Jedi. There were only 7 in JK1 and each fight was memorable in its own way. And omfg, Deadly Sight and Force Destruction... Will never forget those. The story was also far better than its successors. Jedi Outcast added a very cheesy romance subplot and a wimpy villain and Jedi Academy's plotline was laughable at best.

Jedi Knight all the way.

Garyn Dakari, MagSul, Setlec and 1 other like this

he original Jedi Knight by far.

Whilst Dark Forces will always hold a special place in my heart, the growth of Kyle Katarn into a fledling Jedi and learning about his past got me hooked. That and of course the original Jedi Knight was before 'every bad-guy and his dog' had to be a Dark Jedi. There were only 7 in JK1 and each fight was memorable in its own way. And omfg, Deadly Sight and Force Destruction... Will never forget those. The story was also far better than its successors. Jedi Outcast added a very cheesy romance subplot and a wimpy villain and Jedi Academy's plotline was laughable at best.

Jedi Knight all the way.

I cannot argue with that in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

Who the hell voted JKA? I hope you weren't meaning the story, NO ONE likes Rosh!

Side note: Can we please kill Rosh in a very graphical & painful way in the recreation project if you choose dark side? Like, string him up to a post and smack him with a bat for an hour etc.

Circa and Horatio Culver like this

Who the hell voted JKA? I hope you weren't meaning the story, NO ONE likes Rosh!

Side note: Can we please kill Rosh in a very graphical & painful way in the recreation project if you choose dark side? Like, string him up to a post and smack him with a bat for an hour etc.

In a strange way though, he's actually the best thing in that game. I mean, imagine if there was no Rosh... would anyone talk about the story or characters, ever? The story is so dull and pointless that Rosh is the only thing that makes it memorable XP

Futuza likes this

I think killing Rosh should be the light side option.

Onysfx likes this
  • 2 weeks later...