[WIP] Clean Source Code

https://github.com/eezstreet/JediKnight2

What is this?

Source code for Jedi Knight 2, with all the removed legal crap, and compiling under VC 2010. The product of about ~4 hours worth of labor, plus some additional time needed to add Multiplayer and collect all the source code for 1.02/1.03/1.04, which will go in separate codemp folders.

Why not OpenJK?

OpenJK has a bit of fluff on it that people might not want. Plus, it has JK2 and JA merged together for SP, which carries its own set of bugs. So I added this, with the hope that it will serve as an official "clean" source repository. 

Thanks for this.Its not that i plan on doing any modding/coding in JK2.

But it is nice to have a clean code "just in case"

The openjk one is also good but as you say "OpenJK has a bit of fluff on it that people might not want."

so it would also be nice to get a clean JKA source  also..."If your planning on doing one that would be awesome"

​nothing against openjk but its becoming full of unnecessary   s**t. And turning "slowly" into a separate mod. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians i think. Changing the name of something from its original name to Openjk whatever is not fixing nothing...Its modding...  "and i don't  mean the very good ,very important bug fixes"

So it would be nice to get a REAL clean JKA source. and not a modded jka source with 1000 name changes to individualize the MOD.

​Either way ...Thanks for all the work you've done to improve the code and fix bugs.

Well, you didn't have to do this, but I really appreciate this. All I wan't to do is create a more "Modern Warfare" experience for Jedi Outcast. Gameplay wise. I'm not going to do anything with the rendering.

Well, you didn't have to do this, but I really appreciate this. All I wan't to do is create a more "Modern Warfare" experience for Jedi Outcast. Gameplay wise. I'm not going to do anything with the rendering.

To me this is much more important to me than  visual updates, despite the fact that all my mods are aesthetic. :P

Master Ridley and Corto like this

To me this is much more important to me than  visual updates, despite the fact that all my mods are aesthetic. :P

You made me laugh. I recently installed JK2 again (I already had JKA but it sucks) and still find it very enjoyable, suffice to say it's the last game that makes you feel like inside Star Wars. I even think the textures are not so bad if you pump everything up. The game needs and update on the game play side and in the 3d models and it could be quite a new experience without going through a complete overhaul process.

You made me laugh. I recently installed JK2 again (I already had JKA but it sucks) and still find it very enjoyable, suffice to say it's the last game that makes you feel like inside Star Wars. I even think the textures are not so bad if you pump everything up. The game needs and update on the game play side and in the 3d models and it could be quite a new experience without going through a complete overhaul process.

I agree. I think if we just  updated the gun controls to be more realistic like COD, Brink, or other similar games. To me, it's a real pain that these weapons don't have iron sights, recoil effects, realistic projectile speed and accuracy, etc. I think my biggest issue is that the weapons in the game don't FEEL good. They can be powerful as all hell but if they don't FEEL that way then it's just not fun. Everything I listed previously can add to that.

Circa likes this

Oh god the "Generation COD". Please add bloody screens and achievements as well :|

There's no need for sarcarsm actually. Let's not talk about what could be done with a working source code in here, this topic is to keep us updated on Eez's progress.

I'm definitely interested in your project though, @@Corto.

Then we can continue this exchange on another topic when I have a clearer idea of what I want to accomplish. I already worked on something like this back when the MP code for JK2 was released. Stuff like steady aiming, sprint gauge, recovering life/shields, overheating weapons (much like Mass Effect way before Mass Effect was even out), etc. For those who enjoy shooting more than wielding lightsabers all the time, it gave us a more strategic and smart game play. I want to bring that again to the single player campaign.

Szico VII, katanamaru and Circa like this