[Model Request] DC-15 Pistol

That would be excellent man, thank you! I may modify it myself and then contact MBII about releasing it separately - you never know - and I'll be sure to credit you as well if I do. Cheers.

Okay, so just to clarify, this is the DC-15s blaster pistol. I had to do some research on Wookiepedia. The DC-17 is a different pistol as seen in the Clone Wars TV show. They named the model wrong in MBII, so that's confusing.

Here it is, complete with the HUD icons and shader for the glowing panel on the gun.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y5k8dvftulvkklh/DC-15s.pk3

Bek and Botdra like this

It seems to be working great man, thank you! I'm going to tweak it a bit and get some better projectile graphics and maybe sounds for it as well. Maybe I can get it MBII approved for a separate release, if not I we may need to start over with @@The One and Only's model.

Yeah, I was wanting to do the effects as well, that would be awesome.

They can be hard to reach. I'm not sure if it would be fine to just release it and give them credit or not.

I hate these gray area credit wars.

ChalklYne likes this

Yeah, I was wanting to do the effects as well, that would be awesome.

They can be hard to reach. I'm not sure if it would be fine to just release it and give them credit or not.

I hate these gray area credit wars.

If I don't get a reply then... we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I may just get TOaO's model and do it up just in case they say no. Worst case scenario we'll be back at square one and need a new model. *shrugs* Not so bad.

Extract everything to Game Data. I don't remember how different it is on Mac (it's been years since I played it on mine) but that should be the same.

It's different for the Mac App Store version.

I don't care though. I don't play multiplayer anyway. It's all good.

Bummer. I wonder if it's technically legal for you to use disc images of the retail version then, since you've already purchased the game... that may make life a lot easier for you.

The retail disc versions don't work with 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion) of OS X due to elimination of PowerPC support.

Though I'm sure redsaurus has found some magical way to make it work.

Yeah I thought that might be the case:

screenshot20130428at205.png

Some of the Clone Wars (we hardly knew thee) model assets came from 3rd party sources (All legal and above board mind). Looks like the MBII team had the same idea. Not that it matters, I just couldn't remember what I'd created and what was someone else's, since it was about 6 years ago or something stupid.

I'm saying we both got it elsewhere, it's the same model, just different textures on each. Anyway, I might make a new one if you give me a short while, I could do it better these days anyway.

That would be awesome man, thank you! Can't wait for this. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Real quick note, the image with the trooper holding the pistol- what stance mod is that? I can't really find it, and the way folks hold pistols in JKA has always bothered me intensely.

Seriously who holds guns like that?

But other than that, this DC-17m model looks fantastic. I can't believe it hadn't been done sooner- I know the pistol has a sizable fanbase.

Horatio Culver likes this