Dark Forces Mod

@@minilogoguy18 Perhaps you've not run it properly - the mod menu in-game doesn't work, you have to run it from a .bat as described in the read-me. Also you need to be on v1.01.

Yeah, I didn't bother with the shortcut extension, here, just copy paste this into a text file, save as a .bat and run it from JKA/gamedata:

jasp +set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game dfmod

Yes, it would. If I could get two committed mappers (and talented) and two committed texture artists I could see that, at least, the mod maps get finished. I think I could handle the coding needed for the weapons and the dianoga creature. We now count with conferencing tools we didn't have back in 2002, so talking about the progress and managing the project should be easier.

Hahaha, it happened to me too, that's because the 3D in 1995 was very primitive, and if they level designers wanted to do something more complex than Doom, you were bound to get lost very often. Even today, when shooters aren't as straightforward as Call of Duty, you were bound to get lost.

TheWhitePhoenix and DT. like this

Hahaha, it happened to me too, that's because the 3D in 1995 was very primitive, and if they level designers wanted to do something more complex than Doom, you were bound to get lost very often. Even today, when shooters aren't as straightforward as Call of Duty, you were bound to get lost.

That honestly happens to me from time to time when I revisit the Halo Games.

Hahahaha. As much as I would like to see that project finished I think it's unlikely to get finished, even with me at the helm. It's possible, but unlikely.

Maybe not finished, but further than it was left!

@ you're most right. I think several things can be done to even improve the demo with the source code. I would like to go back and redo the dianoga creature, now with proper animations and AI behavior for starter. Then there's the weapons. And perhaps someone could cook up a new map or so. It doesn't matter if the progress is very slow as long as there's progress. I have the source assets, so whoever wants to resume the work, we can start talking about it. We'll see.

If I didn't already have a hundred projects to get done this summer I'd definitely love to help with the mapping side of things... even just to do the brushwork, and let the texturing/lighting go to someone else. Oh well, either way I hope to see more for this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My apologies for being extremely late on uploading these.  Life in the Marines can get busy for sure.  Anywho, I tried to upload them here but the file zip limit kinda put the stop to that.  I have uploaded them to my GF account so you can pull em down and upload them here.  This is everything I have for the mod that I was able to find.  DarkStarMojo may have others, not really sure. 

http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/hhunter6

On a side note is anyone here good with creating terrain in Radiant?  I have completely finished mapping out Level 1 for MOTS but I'm not good with creating terrain and those are the areas that need to be added.  I have started to work on the inside and making look more base like. 

• 3 weeks later...