Dark Forces Mod

Greetings,

Due to the recent talk of the Dark Forces Mod going on in the News area, I thought I'd post this here to avoid hijacking a thread not really related to the topic. As the Dark Forces Mod website is no longer available, I did a quick search on Archive.org and found a pretty decent snapshot of the site saved from Sept. 2012, in-case anyone wants to grab anything off of it. Not sure if this is really news to anyone, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120922070741/http://darkforces.jediknight.net/

eezstreet likes this

Well... here goes the "keep it under the radar" idea. I know that all the assets and source files have been transferred from the original team to a new one who didn't get much done about it. I don't even know if I can get my hands on it, but even if I did I would have to play a very high level, managing, counseling type of role.

Well I gust got a reply from Darth_Linux

sure, please upload it.  I haven't worked on the mod since 2006, so I was not aware that the download links were dead!  thanks for keeping it alive!
Dave

He has given me permission to upload it, but I won't have time to do it when I get home today, so I'll upload it when I get home from school on Friday.

Setlec and Corto like this

I'm going to ask around for the source files, at least to archive them.

Hopefully everyone's kept a copy of the source files after this long.

Omicron, glad to hear you still have the 6 Level Demo & are uploading it. I thought I had backed it up but did a quick check and can't find my copy.

darth_linux(at)msn(dot)com

I can't upload it onto here, because it exceeds the maximum file size that is allowed. So I have uploaded it onto MEGA, and here is the link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4gFFWAzK!YmoXihqddsnyW84CudDFIW9Hb5RVb-4V7gM2QOOOJdk

One of the Staff members may want to have a downloaded link for it on JKHub, but in the meantime, the one above will be sufficient. Enjoy the mod!

Corto likes this

darth_linux(at)msn(dot)com

I can't upload it onto here, because it exceeds the maximum file size that is allowed. So I have uploaded it onto MEGA, and here is the link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!4gFFWAzK!YmoXihqddsnyW84CudDFIW9Hb5RVb-4V7gM2QOOOJdk

One of the Staff members may want to have a downloaded link for it on JKHub, but in the meantime, the one above will be sufficient. Enjoy the mod!

You can get a Dropbox account and link to the file when submitting on here. Or maybe link to any link.

If you're going to take the time to reupload the mod again, might I recommend cleaning it up a bit first? (If you have permission to do that) Not sure if a lot of those .cfg files are necessary or not. Might also be nice to include a batch file already in there to load up the mod properly.

@@Omicron - I'll get it up ASAP.

EDIT: What the f*ck is that crappy MEGAEXTENSION. Its absolutely bollocks! I'd advise against using that site in future if that extension is the only way to download files. On 3rd attempt now... first time it finished, but no file in the downloads folder. Second time it was there but called .mega or something... tried to rename it, file disappeared.

Attempting third and final attempt now... :o

Your dropbox link should have been replaced with a dropbox link to the copy on our server. If it hasnt link me the file coz it needs changing!

That's weird. What's the point of limiting the upload size and offering the ability to use a custom link?

We will host any file size as far as I'm aware, the upload system just doesn't like large files so requires an external link for us to get it. WE move em all to the JKHub dropb purely because user-based accounts are prone to going down, people ending subscriptions e.t.c and then the site link would go dead.Imagine if jk3files linked to personal webspace files how many would be gone by now?

Circa likes this

We will host any file size as far as I'm aware, the upload system just doesn't like large files so requires an external link for us to get it. WE move em all to the JKHub dropb purely because user-based accounts are prone to going down, people ending subscriptions e.t.c and then the site link would go dead.Imagine if jk3files linked to personal webspace files how many would be gone by now?

Understandable. I hoped the system was like that but the whole external link thing had me puzzled. That makes sense now.
Szico VII likes this