How to disable "playerwintergear" script into the hoth map ?

• 2 months later...

You said you used notepad? I'm not sure if you understand, but you have to decompile the scripts before you can edit them, and compile before you can use them. The decompiled scripts for single player were released with the multi player SDK.

eezstreet:

Hoth2 and hoth3 are hardcoded to use winter gear. They did that through code for some reason.

Raven used scripts to set the playermodel to use winter gear, it's not hard coded. I know because I have disabled it myself.

Umm, all I know is there is a script command to set the player's skin to the hoth set. If you disable it:

shot0035_zps0cba4912.jpg

Your character's skin doesn't glitch. I don't know if the code you posted is actually used by the game or if the script calls it or what. Either way, it can be disabled in the script.

Umm, all I know is there is a script command to set the player's skin to the hoth set. If you disable it:

shot0035_zps0cba4912.jpg

Your character's skin doesn't glitch. I don't know if the code you posted is actually used by the game or if the script calls it or what. Either way, it can be disabled in the script.

Offtopic but I gotta ask how you got the Jedi Outcast hud in Jedi Academy

Offtopic but I gotta ask how you got the Jedi Outcast hud in Jedi Academy

The original HUD was made a long time ago by an unknown author, and re-uploaded on file front by another user. I personally modified it myself using assets from JKO to make it look more like the HUD on Outcast. It's available as a separate .pk3 with the rest of my mod here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-outcast-academy

Its not a perfect copy of JKO's HUD if you do a side by side comparison, but I like it a lot better personally.  You'll have to download my entire mod to get it, but you can just delete the other .pk3s if you want. It doesn't contain Outcast's assets so it shouldn't take up too much space :) .

The original HUD was made a long time ago by an unknown author, and re-uploaded on file front by another user. I personally modified it myself using assets from JKO to make it look more like the HUD on Outcast. It's available as a separate .pk3 with the rest of my mod here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-outcast-academy

Its not a perfect copy of JKO's HUD if you do a side by side comparison, but I like it a lot better personally.  You'll have to download my entire mod to get it, but you can just delete the other .pk3s if you want. It doesn't contain Outcast's assets so it shouldn't take up too much space :) .

Yeah I already like it more then base JKA's hud, thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

shot0035_zps0cba4912.jpg

What's the script command?
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the script command?

It's something like : SET_WINTER_GEAR       "false "

The script itself should be located in playerwintergear.IBI under hoth2 or hoth3 in scripts. In behaved, you can find it under "booleans" if you use the drop down list on

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_PARM1", "DEFAULT" );

eg. //(BHVD)

affect ( "player", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )

{

set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_WINTER_GEAR", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );

}

This should change the player's skin to the winter set if added to any mission. If you wanted to, you could also use it to change the player's skin to something else if you just change the winter gear .skin files. I haven't tested any of this anywhere other than hoth, so it may be more complicated than

I thought based on eez's code.Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...

It's incredible that after so many years no one fixed this winter crappy skin problem.
I do replacements for sp,
The dammed hoth skin makes me hate hoth mission.

3 hours ago, CID said:

It's incredible that after so many years no one fixed this winter crappy skin problem.
I do replacements for sp,
The dammed hoth skin makes me hate hoth mission.

Try this: