AAT Tank

If it was "made" by Hatrus it's more than likely a ripped model from somewhere else, I used to know this person quite well and a lot of things he claimed to have made were just ripped from some game or some 3d model website.

Problem is, we probably won't be able to find out considering I thought he was long gone? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, it doesn't even matter anymore where he got it from. It looks great so I'll use it and give credit.

Probably best to just give credit to the "original author" for now, since we can't confirm who that is. Assuming of course you search for an AAT model outside of JA and can't find one that matches.

Probably best to just give credit to the "original author" for now, since we can't confirm who that is. Assuming of course you search for an AAT model outside of JA and can't find one that matches.

That's what I plan on doing. That's what I've been doing with a lot of things from MBII in my mod.

It works alright I suppose, but it doesn't shoot out of the right spot. Would you like to take a look at it @@minilogoguy18 ?

aatwip.png

No wireframe on shaded shots since the topology isn't the prettiest on the main body and I haven't cleaned it up yet, this is a couple of hours of work. There surprisingly isn't a whole lot of good reference material out there, google doesn't pull up that many images. I guess I could always fire up SWBF2 and take some screens of it in game if I really need to. Not sure if I'll model out the ordinance launchers on the front platform, tried to do it using the boolean function and it didn't turn out very pretty.

That model from MB2 is a total mess, half of the polygons in it aren't even doing anything, many panels are duplicated with different topology, doesn't make any sense.

Botdra, DT85 and Circa like this

Don't worry about the pics, I'm sure what I found was enough, try to find someone who may be interested in making some textures for this thing since in that area if I do manage to make good ones it takes me FOREVER cause I get so bored doing it and can't hold my attention on it.

tried to do it using the boolean function and it didn't turn out very pretty.

of course it didn't 

if you use the boolean tool you'll have to retopo that area incase you want to get a decent result

I'd use a cutter object in max and simply use a cylidne ror something to slcie additional edges in my mesh , then conenct the created vertices to the surroundings and voila you're good to go

(that's how I connected doviculus horns to his forehead)

Use the knife tool if you want to make perfect cuts, you can then bridge the polygons. But in order to keep your topology I can suggest you use a plane and snap to plane. Make a plane in the angle you need to for the front part of the cockpit and then move your vertices using the corresponding axis restriction and snap to plane. Then, while keeping snap to plane, restrict the movement to the other two axis and work around the inverted T shape in front of the cockpit and the hath on top of it.

I hope this simple drawing helps illustrate my idea:

cl_tank_Aat.jpg

Challenge accepted. Gooood, gooood my young apprentice. Remember, don't slack on the geometry topology wise, don't go as far as carving small vents, rivets or cracks, but model everything you can. Make this a kickass, Rogue Squadron quality model.

Is time to up the ante, let him do his homework. There's always time to cut down the polygon count and with Softimage it's easy and he doesn't even have to do more than collapsing edges, the UV and envelopes are kept intact.

Is time to up the ante, let him do his homework. There's always time to cut down the polygon count and with Softimage it's easy and he doesn't even have to do more than collapsing edges, the UV and envelopes are kept intact.

He knows what he's doing, rest assured.