Scabbards

I've done a lot of looking around for this, and I haven't been able to find anything. I'd like to make a sheath/scabbard for a sword I made that'll be held on my model's back. I know it's possible because JA+ uses items very similar called holsters. At first I thought it had something to do with tag placing, so I imported the holsters into milkshape, but there weren't any. After I found this out, I really had no idea how it must work. I've been looking at other mods and I still am unable to understand.I'm starting to think this is a coding-related modification. Could anyone help point me in the right direction for this? 

I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that every model has a jetpack as part of it? I guess I could see how that'd be.. like turning on/off a certain part of the model in the .skin file (for the respective model). 

Going by what was said, how is JA+ putting the GLM's of the actual holsters on to a player's back if they're not actually part of the model then (assuming that every model has a hidden jetpack on it - turned off when no actual jetpack has been picked up). There are three separate GLM's in JA+'s directories, each one is a different holster shape. You can select in the player menu which holster you want to use. It then puts it on your back whenever you're using a holster-able weapon like a sword.  

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate all responses! 

I think that the holsters are bolted to the back tag when ever you use them. I am also pretty sure that the Jetpack model is bolted to the chest, and is not actually part of every model. Just play around with modview and try bolting holsters/jetpack to the chest/back tags.

I could be wrong, but that is just how it seemed to me, hope it helps.