Fixing the dotXSI 3.0 Exporter for 3ds Max...

Well it's not good. After resolving the C++ source code changes due to 3DsMax SDK changes (which now uses UNICODE) I get a ton of linking errors (40 of them). I'm going to need the help of an experienced C++ coder to resolve these. It's beyond me... the majority of errors are dealing with the morpher modifier code.

Been trying to get the MD3 exporter & GLM Importer to work with 2014 (64bit only) and they've changed things. So I think 2012 may be the last supported version for this plugin, unless Archangel or someone else know what to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While working on the ROFF exporter I may have stumbled upon why the progress dialog hangs...

...there is a feature/property of the dialog that can be set TRUE/FALSE in the visual studio resource editor to prevent OS from sending an idle message ( WM_ENTERIDLE) to the dialog window when it is active.

The progress dialog has this "no idle message" set to FALSE... and I'm thinking it should be TRUE.

I'll Do a quick recompile as soon as I can and send to @@DT85 and @@Psyk0Sith to verify.

DT. and Psyk0Sith like this

I'd love to have a play with the code in 2014 at some point. :D

I nearly have the MD3 exporter working in 2014 (mesh exports), just can't find a way to stop it from writing out spaces. Example: "models/map_objects/blah" in Max 2011 turns into "m o d e l s / m a p _ o b j e c t s / b l a h" in Max 2014. :(

I plan on trying to compile against 2013 (heard 2014 can run 2013 plugins), as I made a fair amount of headway with the md3 exporter. The only problem I have is it writes spaces in the strings for mesh & texture name + path. Other than that, it works. ;)

Binary. I've googled Unicode white spaces to no avail and I've triple checked that I converted things over properly. No idea what's going on. :/

Not sure... MD3 is a binary file format--  maybe one of the more-experienced programmers can help you... I guess it would be too simple that somewhere you are inserting a space in quotes " " in the function that writes the file path/name???