Boba Fett : Bounty Hunter 2

This is the final screen of my progress , tomorrow I will work on the alpha transparency, so that he looks shiny in different amounts on certain parts, mainly the exposed metal and visor. Then I will try my hand at this uploading business  once I have found permissions and written a readme? I think that is the process .Final_zps1a9da9c6.png

Keep in mind that the last image is considerably lightenend and more colour correct, when in game the shaders will appear to cast light in ways that would make it seem to light and plastic to me. also I am running this on my laptop that for some reason doesnt like teliing me hat the real colour of my images are, the contrast is a bit of on my screen so I have tried to adjust it right. the more you zoom in on a texture , the more you will realise that the idea is to highlight detail where it would be dark. One other thing to accont is that this model is meant for dark screen resoloution to use the shaders more effectively to lighten it. I havent seen how the alpha looks ingame yet, and I will lighten it from their. I am happy to release this once i get a bit more feedback and would like to know what extra features could I include (npc support) for it to be a skin release of t least qualit If not accuracy

I mention  as well, that if I did get this Boba movie accurate it wouldn't suit the game against other assetes? Anyway I know what parts your getting at being lightened so don't think I am ignoring that. It is just that when I make this image light and use different greens (at the moment the green in this skin is actually cyan blue desaturated) it does not look like it does in modview. I will get a few screens up before release, one in lighter desaturated images and one done with what I have in mind.

I do really appreciate the opinions expressed and will try make this as realistic as I can, but It is my first skin. Notice their is absolutely no black in my model. every thing has been done with texture effects of hi detail and I am enjoying the process. I tried to get it so that it is textured enough and detailed enough to be able to really zoom in and still look high detail aswell as out, to be honest I havent seen this level of detail much in ravens own base so I take it as I am doing alright so far.

-A little bit of admitable pride their. Sorry for posting so much, like to be thorough with process so others know how I got from a-b

I need to neaten these could some one give me some advice on what to lighten and what not to? I really would like to get this right and I thank people for their critizms and suggestions.

Steer clear of making the orange on the jetpack any brighter, the same on the shoulder pads. I still think that the latter in particular may benefit from a little desaturation. :)

Steer clear of making the orange on the jetpack any brighter, the same on the shoulder pads. I still think that the latter in particular may benefit from a little desaturation. :)

Finalback_zps48755df6.png

lighter_zps93d19e13.png

how is that? added a bit more damage to the jetpacks orange and desaturated the shoulders

Actually the shoulder pad is almost spot on, compared to the image I supplied earlier. Nice work.

The only problem is my picture is of Boba in broad daylight. Your Boba apparently is for dark night maps.

This still puzzles me.

Actually the shoulder pad is almost spot on, compared to the image I supplied earlier. Nice work.

The only problem is my picture is of Boba in broad daylight. Your Boba apparently is for dark night maps.

This still puzzles me.

Thankyou. I am trying to make it just middleground as possible at the moment, I would like some more of those screenshots and I'd appreciate the effort, because to me rotj fett is hard to get right.

Also of my last screen what advice would you give to make it for light maps? Do you use Gimp? I will have to re do my work for the metal shader efx to convey right, I am using mb2,s mandalorian shader atm, Is it the right way or should I just do a spec map?

Thankyou. I am trying to make it just middleground as possible at the moment, I would like some more of those screenshots and I'd appreciate the effort, because to me rotj fett is hard to get right.

Also of my last screen what advice would you give to make it for light maps? Do you use Gimp? I will have to re do my work for the metal shader efx to convey right, I am using mb2,s mandalorian shader atm, Is it the right way or should I just do a spec map?

I'm not sure. I used to use Gimp when I was on Windows. I've never heard of making separate skins for separate lightings. But then again, I'm not much of a skinner. Perhaps others will have much better advice.

Thankyou for your help regardless, I like your idea for a tc and I also understand that the subject matter has been done before, but I think that with you knowing that already you can use those mods as a basis for comparison. the hellfire on a swoop still is amusing me slightly.

I hope to use md2 as a basis as mine, and perhaps ask to use some of their work, since I'd like an even bigger scale of a mod and they have solved a few things in sp I have learned from a bit.

Circa likes this

Like this:

[spoiler][img=yourURLhere][/spoiler]

Replace yourURLhere with the url of the image.

The image tags work a little different on this board than most others. Though the old one works, it automatically changes it to the above one anyways.

Mandalorian likes this

Like this:

yourURLhere

Replace yourURLhere with the url of the image.

The image tags work a little different on this board than most others. Though the old one works, it automatically changes it to the above one anyways.

I just figured this out a bit before, made a spoiler with Minilogoguys profile url in it. thankyou though.

so can I also just type spoiler? 

yep apparently ;p

Alright, I took almost 40 screenshots of Boba Fett for you. It took awhile but hopefully they will be of use to you. Some of them aren't all that great due to the camera focus and thing like that, but some of them are really good for you. There are a few that would look really cool as desktop wallpapers if they were a little bigger dimensions and resolution.

But anyways, I went through every single scene he is in and got the best shots I could. I got as many that show what he looks like in dark and light areas, from Jabba's Palace (dark) to the Dune Sea (light). I made a few video clips as well to aid in this as well. Sometimes seeing him move in the light can be helpful.

I also added an animated GIF for you, because I was bored and couldn't resist from that clip. Feel free to use it for your signature here on JKHub!

I put them in a ZIP file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8imcwch94mge5ew

Enjoy!

Also, I suggest getting a new monitor if that is what is causing you some problems. You can get them extremely cheap these days, even if it's a small one.

Bek likes this

Alright, I took almost 40 screenshots of Boba Fett for you. It took awhile but hopefully they will be of use to you. Some of them aren't all that great due to the camera focus and thing like that, but some of them are really good for you. There are a few that would look really cool as desktop wallpapers if they were a little bigger dimensions and resolution.

But anyways, I went through every single scene he is in and got the best shots I could. I got as many that show what he looks like in dark and light areas, from Jabba's Palace (dark) to the Dune Sea (light). I made a few video clips as well to aid in this as well. Sometimes seeing him move in the light can be helpful.

I also added an animated GIF for you, because I was bored and couldn't resist from that clip. Feel free to use it for your signature here on JKHub!

I put them in a ZIP file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8imcwch94mge5ew

Enjoy!

Also, I suggest getting a new monitor if that is what is causing you some problems. You can get them extremely cheap these days, even if it's a small one.

hdmi cable to my tv should fix that :)

Just got my hands on Corto's Boba Fett model, just tweaking around the colours on that a little atm and will likely not continue work on my previous skin but on this one instead. here's a screenie of what I have done so far, Desaturated the greens and yellows and made the jump suit grey worked on the colours of his belt pouches and ceremonial sash thing on his belt. will start adding my own details that are left out using reference pics provided to me in kindness by Ibonek.

fetty_zps58362e66.png

Circa and Dusty like this