New Clone Pack

I'm not sure what exactly went wrong here. The helmet texture looks fine in the pk3. I was using base Jedi Academy, so the icon for the helmetless did not show up because it is not called "model_default_face.skin". I think. But it would show up for people with JA+ or even OpenJK I believe. I could be wrong. Maybe Deviance can replicate it so you know it's just not my game screwing up or something.

zrm8.jpg

Ah, no I know what the problem there is. I've overlooked something and will try to fix it.

In a nutshell, Rex's helmet is actually made up of two meshes - the Phase 2 helmet, and the Mandalorian helmet with the antenna, that is textured in such a way that everything except said antenna is invisible. This gives the appearance of the antenna being attached to the Phase 2 helmet without having to actually model it on. It's all done with .skin file/texturing trickery. I think I just need to use a shader file or something. I'll look into it - thanks for testing it out Circa!

JAWSFreelao and Circa like this

Ah, no I know what the problem there is. I've overlooked something and will try to fix it.

In a nutshell, Rex's helmet is actually made up of two meshes - the Phase 2 helmet, and the Mandalorian helmet with the antenna, that is textured in such a way that everything except said antenna is invisible. This gives the appearance of the antenna being attached to the Phase 2 helmet without having to actually model it on. It's all done with .skin file/texturing trickery. I think I just need to use a shader file or something. I'll look into it - thanks for testing it out Circa!

I did a similar thing with Wolffe, except, I used the ARC trooper Antenna. Regardless, looks like one fantastic skin of Rex. I can only imagine how hard the tally marks were to get on him.

Before working on the Rex issue, I spent part of today working on another pair of Commanders and their troops; Commander Grain and Commander Bolton. Commander Grain and his troops I envisioned as wearing armour suitable for some desert world rife with sandstorms. The Commander also wears a fusion of the Phase 1 and Phase 2 helmets, retaining the fin. Bolton's men were made especially for the upcoming Volume Four of my Tales From The Clone Wars comic, as troops serving under Saesee Tiin. As such, the main patterning on their armour is a silhouette of the Iktochi Jedi Master:

Commander Bolton:

CommanderBolton.jpg

Commander Grain: 

CommanderGrain.jpg

Circa and Barricade24 like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Made a new Commander and his trooper, and added helmless versions to all the clone officers. Some have also been given custom face textures, which I'll display below;

Commander Frenken;

Clone16.jpg

A trooper under Frenken's command;

clone17.jpg

Helmless Commander Falco (or Commander Sideburns);

Clone14.jpg

Helmless Commander Sohn;

Clone13.jpg

Helmless Commander Trackshot;

Clone15.jpg

Helmless ARC Trooper Fives;

thin

EDIT: Just realised Fives and Frenken still haven't had their kama-kilt straps added. This has now been fixed, despite the images above.

I was wondering where you got all your NPC's  for tales from the clone wars (great comic by the way awesome comic, I've read issue so far)

I was wondering where you got all your NPC's  for tales from the clone wars (great comic by the way awesome comic, I've read issue so far)

Which NPCs in particular are you talking about, Dead-eye? Also, feel free to reply in the Tales From The Clone Wars thread here: http://jkhub.org/topic/1658-tales-from-the-clone-wars-jka-comic/page-3 rather than this one, in order to make sure the threads stay on-topic :)

Which NPCs in particular are you talking about, Dead-eye? Also, feel free to reply in the Tales From The Clone Wars thread here: http://jkhub.org/topic/1658-tales-from-the-clone-wars-jka-comic/page-3 rather than this one, in order to make sure the threads stay on-topic :)

Actually I was trying to sound inquisitive so let me rephrase my statement, "Ah now I know where he got all those cool clone trooper skins". And also I had no idea there a thread for the comic I'll be over there shortly.

are any of your clone skins being close to released? I wonder how many clone skins there was ever made for JA. would be interesting to put them all together in one big pack. also love your assajj ventress skin you did! would love to see that released aswell!

Bek likes this

are any of your clone skins being close to released? I wonder how many clone skins there was ever made for JA. would be interesting to put them all together in one big pack. also love your assajj ventress skin you did! would love to see that released aswell!

I haven't worked on these for a couple of weeks, I'll really need to find the time and just sit down and package them all for in-game use. I still haven't resolved how to make part of a texture transparent in-game, which is needed for those clones with antennas (since they use the antenna from the Phase 1 helmet). Because a lot of my skinning is for my web-comic, I never actually taught myself anything further than textures and .skin files, since for the comic I just need them to show up in Modview and that's it. Shaders, npc files, bots, etc I still need to learn.

I haven't worked on these for a couple of weeks, I'll really need to find the time and just sit down and package them all for in-game use. I still haven't resolved how to make part of a texture transparent in-game, which is needed for those clones with antennas (since they use the antenna from the Phase 1 helmet). Because a lot of my skinning is for my web-comic, I never actually taught myself anything further than textures and .skin files, since for the comic I just need them to show up in Modview and that's it. Shaders, npc files, bots, etc I still need to learn.

Why don't you check out Phase 2 Commander Wolffe he uses the Phase 1 Antenna via a png image I believe and a shader code that makes it so only the Antenna of the Phase 1 trooper shows up. You are more than welcome to use that if you need to.

• 1 year later...