Spam Bots on the Wiki

Hey,

apparently your current captchas are not enough to keep all them bots out. There are two solutions to this: You guys either need to get a better captcha or you need to be more active in deleting bot posts and accounts (the earliest spam post that has yet to be deleted dates from the 8th.) The former is a better and more elegant solution, but in the meantime, or if you guys decide to pick the second solution for whatever reason, I can do the deleting. You can trust me, I'm German.

therfiles likes this

Hey,

apparently your current captchas are not enough to keep all them bots out. There are two solutions to this: You guys either need to get a better captcha or you need to be more active in deleting bot posts and accounts (the earliest spam post that has yet to be deleted dates from the 8th.) The former is a better and more elegant solution, but in the meantime, or if you guys decide to pick the second solution for whatever reason, I can do the deleting. You can trust me, I'm German.

Sorry, this is mostly my fault. I've been trying to keep on top of this but I got sidetracked. Sorry about that! Thank you so much Masta for stopping the spammers. If you go to the wiki now, you will find that the "Recent Changes" page is also spammed - with me blocking them all notices.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent some time just now clearing out some bots and pages marked for deletion.

Yeah I've seen that. Well done! But between now and the time of your sweep, 3 more spam posts have creeped up.