A JKHub Community Page....somewhere....

This kinda popped up...I figured with all the popularity that the Hub is receiving, perhaps we can create multiple community groups on different platforms. For instance, we could potentially create a Twitter account for the Hub and/or create a community page on Google+ (I exclude Facebook...for now).

I figure, with an external community group, we could draw more people into JKA...perhaps people who have never heard of and/or played JKA before. It would be a great way to refresh the community with new players.

Anyways, I think the first thing to do is get opinions from members of the Hub community first...before we do any major heavy lifting.

So...yea....What do you guys think?

Mog

Guest Kel'ariy Ory'Hara

Mog, if you want to get into social networking, there is only one true social network, it isnt online.

it's old tech, but it is the true social network, since the 40s to today, cb radios have been used for

chats with your neighbors and others close to you, it has been used in international, and with the right setup,

world wide DX communications. Radio nets, emergency comm., and much more.

tho CB took a hit with the introduction of the cellphone and mocked by so called amatuer radio operators of other bands.

this Tech has stood the test of time in this age of computers. it is a widely used radio through out the US and other countries :)

so if you wanna put JKhub on a social network, bring it to the one true social network, CB radio :)

I think that might dilute the community.

I wouldn't fancy having to say, sign up for facebook, twitter etc just so I can keep up with latest stuff. With multiple platforms it soon becomes tedious to update and having to cross-post the same stuff. People might also eventually congregate at one particular area. Then the rest become quiet.

I also have over 10 sites to check everyday and adding a few more doesn't make it fun.

That's my 1¢.

I feel this would be an interesting idea. The news would be probably be posted on all of the Hub's social media accounts and the main site too of course, so it's not like you'd have to like/follow/whatever all the pages if you don't want. Plus it's possible to do things like setting it up so if news is posted at one place, it'll be automatically posted to the others, too.

There would be some issues with this though, as there would have to be some staff members to take on the responsibilities of running said pages, or a very trusted community member or members.

Guest Kel'ariy Ory'Hara

personally, i'd say putting jkhub on facebook or twitter is a bad idea, the one good social network is cb radio.

with twitter or facebook, theres bound to be some backstupid idiots that'll be lookin to try and hack

jkhub twitter or jkhub facebook, thats why cb radio is a the best social network, it cant be hacked.

the most that could be done, is some agitator could try to squish the lead JKH cb, lol.

but if the lead has a good 500 watts, the operator should overpower the agitator easily.