Resolute (Crystal Chamber Saber) Version 2.something... Idea, and Idea Requests

Just throwing out here a small design change for my Resolute saber... And asking for design ideas :D

saberresolutev25.jpg

The black with smudgy grey is the glass part... which I have finally gotten around to putting in it.

But anyway, what do you think, and any ideas for something to add?

Oh, right... Well, I am doing my best to keep the poly count as low as possible without looking like it is made out of a square. 

Compared to version 2, it has more vertices, but that is due to the glass and sides being added...

Compared to Version 1, I think It would have less... maybe, have't check in a while.

By the way, how do the base glass shaders work? (And more ideas for something to add would be good :P)

Perhaps the button shouldn't be a solid color, especially a solid black... Doesn't really make it look like it belongs there, ya know?

It isn't black

shot0008hw.jpg

(The Stripes are caused by the shiny shader)

The button is black on the others because it is in modview (although, if there is a way to have shaders in modview, can some please tell me :D), it actually glows in game... (yeah, I could of probably explained it better before) 

Switch to blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE and experiment with lower alphaGen const values like 0.1 or .15.

The shine stage of your shader is making that look funky.

Tried it, and I reckon it makes it look boring, since the textures are kinda dull on its own... anymore Ideas?