Jedi Academy... Is not a JK3, sequel announced?

Here are some references to it in the resources.

Central Servers (source code):

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

updatejk3.ravensoft.com

authorizejk3.ravensoft.com

assets2.pk3/configs/TheMaster42.cfg (JKA tester):

I'm guessing LucasArts intended it to be "Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy" at first, but they omitted the numbering out late in the game for whatever reasons they had.

It's kinda like what LA did with Battlefront 3. They changed it to "Elite Squadron" and made what could have been the greatest game ever, into the most shittiest game in the series (Renegade Squadron doesn't even compare now)

The thing I don't get is how the F do people play JA SP and claim to have fun? The game is too easy and the story is so bad. Like the jasp.exe file could be damaged or corrupt and I wouldn't even care enough to reinstall the game just to fix it, it's been more years than I can remember since I played SP.

I personally still love it because I have been playing it for so long. I find that SP modding is much easier and you can really easily make you own levels and missions with SP. I think SP is the better half of the game, but, of course, many others enjoy the challenge of another player, which is a completely valid reason. Even though the story is pretty bad, from a modder's perspective it was rather well made and was very innovative.

zezeri, BruceJohnJenner and Circa like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The thing I don't get is how the F do people play JA SP and claim to have fun? The game is too easy and the story is so bad. Like the jasp.exe file could be damaged or corrupt and I wouldn't even care enough to reinstall the game just to fix it, it's been more years than I can remember since I played SP.

Can't do it without cheating.  Still lots of fun with cheating though.  (Things like spawning 50-120 rockettroopers, stofficers, and stormtroopers on the otherside of ledge, changing the timescale and seeing if I can kill them all without dying).  Now that makes SP fun.

JKG Developer