Prequel Music Replacement

A few years ago, I started a mod that replaced all of the music in Jedi Academy with music from the prequel movies. As you may know, both Jedi Knight games contain only music from the sequel soundtracks. I made it mostly for a change in the music of the game, but also for a prequel conversion I made.

I never completely finished it and I wasn't entirely sure if it was going to work because it was becoming a huge file with all the audio files. That's one reason why I stopped working on it. I might pick it up again and work on lowering the size of the files, since I now have more knowledge of that sort of thing, since I am an audio engineering major and whatnot.

What are your thoughts on this?

Coolio. I always thought the music could have more atmosphere in certain areas. Sometimes the ambience and feel of the music in the Jedi Knight games is beautiful IMO, but I also felt like it could be too cutesy or not epic enough at times.

Take for example, the music for bosses in academy, they don't even get their own cool music! Like give me a little Duel of the Fates or sumthin, like seriously!

Botdra likes this
  • 1 month later...

I only did one music pack years ago, for a beta version of the vampire blood chronicles mod (now stuck in limbo) but it wasn't that hard, but I have to agree the ambience music should be fitting for that area or scene, where as action music is needed for firefights say, and something epic for a boss battle, even the super star wars games on SNES had the same overture from the movies, cept battles had some thumping 16-bit music to accompany them, but I suppose at the time the game might have had development limitations, but it doesn't stop us as modders from expanding on these ideas

You can already change the music in-game.

Just add custom tracks to a music folder in base and then ingame type /music music/<track> (/music music/<folder>/<track> if you wanna put them in categories) into the console, just make sure the tracks are stereo ad 44100 khz in the event that a track name is more than one word, replace all spaces with the underscore '_' character example protectors_of_the_earth.

As so /music music/protectors_of_the_earth.

They also have to be mp3's.

No need for huge mods to enable something already available, good thinking though ;)

Enjoy.

MB2 Beta Tester / MB2 FA Assistant Dev

You can already change the music in-game.

Just add custom tracks to a music folder in base and then ingame type /music music/ (/music music// if you wanna put them in categories) into the console, just make sure the tracks are stereo ad 44100 khz in the event that a track name is more than one word, replace all spaces with the underscore '_' character example protectors_of_the_earth.

As so /music music/protectors_of_the_earth.

They also have to be mp3's.

No need for huge mods to enable something already available, good thinking though ;)

Enjoy.

This is a replacement mod, not an addition mod.

• 1 month later...