(SP) Choosing lightsaber without it turning on

Go to solution Solved by therfiles,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to select the lightsaber, either with a bound key or from scrolling through inventory, and not have it turn on, but just in the hand. This isn't really necessary but I might want to use it in something in the future, if it's possible. I'm sure it has to do with coding and crap, which I cannot do.

Any ideas?

Dusty likes this

I believe it can be done with an ICARUS script like this one:

set ( /*@[member='Seto']_TYPES*/ "SET_WEAPON", /*@WEAPON_NAMES*/ "WP_SABER" );
set ( /*@[member='Seto']_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER1BLADEOFF", 0 );
set ( /*@[member='Seto']_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER1BLADEOFF", 1 );
set ( /*@[member='Seto']_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER2BLADEOFF", 0 );
set ( /*@[member='Seto']_TYPES*/ "SET_SABER2BLADEOFF", 1 );

Which could be bound to a key using the runscript command.

--edit--
Sorry for the Ping, Seto, it's JKHub being stupid. That should be @<nothing>SET in the script.

Dusty likes this

7. Go ingame, enable cheats, enter runscript <scriptnamehere>

Correct, but when you bind it, use "bind [key] runscript player [scriptname]". For some reason, when you bind runscript it requires the target to be specified.

Also, in your script, why do you have the same block with conflicting values?

Correct, but when you bind it, use "bind [key] runscript player [scriptname]". For some reason, when you bind runscript it requires the target to be specified.

Also, in your script, why do you have the same block with conflicting values?

That's for turning off the n-th blade of a saber, so on a dual-bladed server it turns of both. (If you have some modded 5-blade-saber you're out of luck)

I'm on Mac and I can't get BehavED to work on Crossover or Wine, and my VirtualBox does't start up anymore. Could someone, @@mrwonko, make this for me and send it to me? That would be much appreciated.
  • 1 month later...

You mean forcing the player to have no weapon? You just need to type "weapon 0" in the console.

Edit: Sorry if I misunderstood you...can you elaborate? :)

Yeah, but sometimes that doesn't work for some reason. I'm not sure why. I just wondered if there was a way to do it via script instead since the one you made for choosing the saber worked like a charm.

note: you can compile ICARUS scripts using just IBIze, which should work fine under wine

I tried it the other day and it didn't work, or else I would try my hand at it. I guess I could try through VirtualBox or BootCamp.