how long have you been moding for.

OH GAWD YES!!! That's one o' my favorites! Ksk H20's I mean. There are a couple of others that weren't too great. That model with the shadowtrooper skin looked like a guy in a suit ready to throw down. Default Shadowtroopers just didn't have the right dimensions.

Sheesh, this is going to make me think back...technically I got into modding for the JK games back in like, 2004 I think, but I only ever released a handful of files...I was also modding for KOTOR, which is part of why nothing ever got done.  But before any of that I was making content for Quake 2, and breaking things in other old games.

I took to modeling and animation like a duck to water, and went to school to pursue it.

Now I am getting into the Indiegame field, so...that is my story in a nutshell.

• 4 weeks later...

If you discount some custom maps for the likes of Age of Empires 2 and Settlers 3, I really started modding with Jedi Outcast at some point prior to JKA's release. Only maps at first, custom shaders, scripts and textures later. Started modelling around 2005, which was also when I did some Oblivion modding (including custom models). Got into coding through JKA's MP SDK around the same time.

Always had a knack for the technical stuff - i.e. "how do I do X?", so long as X is not "make it look good". Which makes coding a natural fit, so that's what I'm focussing on now. Naturally that makes JKA's source release the coolest thing ever to me.

I started with the X Wing series. There were some asset utilities that let you modify ships stats, create missions, etc. Ever since then I tried to modify any game I liked a lot. I started learning 3D with 3D Studio R4 for DOS and I even managed to put a model in the first Jedi Knight game (it sucked, but it worked). Then I did stuff (maps and models) for Vampire The Masquerade: Redemption. When Jedi Knight 2 came out I decided to start sharing what I did and I got very good reviews. I still remember when I submitted my Jango Fett in jk2files, the review included something like "and I still can't find my jaw". Also, I was the first one to figure out how to compile new gla files and I showcased it by doing a rather obscene animation with a stormtrooper (of which I'm not proud). Ever since then I've been on the spotlight until I disappeared shortly after the Dark Forces mod was canceled. Right now I only do stuff for JK2 and Valve Games.

I met some great people in that time. I had the rewarding experience of teaching a couple of them enough of what I know to set them on the right path. One became very proficient with Softimage rigging tools the other one is currently working for Disney. I became Nathan Drake. Now I should get a job at the business. 

Nah. If you want to just start with something you like. We all started at the same point.

Some people say texture and recolors are good starting places. I haven't done them because I have the artistic talent of a blind, dead fish.

I have a strong sense of kinesology so animations were the best fit for me.

Just find something you've wanted to change and give it a shot. The modding assistance forum has plenty of people from each area to help you out.

i started attempting to mod in 2008. have been consistantly attempting since and hope to one day finish 1

=}

i modded re4 before this.. searched youtube for videos on re4 mods and up comes a video explaining a jka blood/gore mod. figured id give it a gander and have been hooked like a bluegill since.

ive been modelling the entire time.. but honestly just learned how to model efficiently lol

if it werent for ashuradx and minilogoguy18, id probably still be making crap like this

mkweapons.jpg

instead of things like this

ffffffffis.jpg

Corto likes this

oh yeah theyre amazing teachers.. i just tend to fall in the category of the whole "u can lead a horse to water" joke 

lmfao

they try so damn hard tho kudos to all who have held a conversation with me..its ruff lol