My Personal Skin (need random ideas-and critique )

Although, I hope less of the Second is needed :D. What I am doing is (trying out) making a personal skin, and I just need some ideas- ideas that preferably revolve about glowy things :P

Most of the torso is from scratch (at least, Photoshop filter scratch, with the Armour on the arms and legs being used from base and the belt (so far)
Front

skin1m.jpg

Back

skin2f.jpg

I am kinda at stalemate with myself over whether to add more stuff...So yeah, any ideas would be helpful :)

EDIT: Is now released, thanks all :D

The cloth parts need some definition. They look like they were just painted black, though maybe it's just the brightness. Other than that, well, it is your personal skin, so there's probably parts that you're not sure about, hence the thread - name those. Or is it really only about possible additions? Maybe make the shoulders green too? Also, I'm fond of black/green (well, olive in my case), myself. Good job so far.

I'm not a fan of you starting off with a photoshop filter as a base :P But I guess despite that, it's not all that bad.

If you want your "lighter" parts to pop out some more you can add more contrast to it's edges, I noticed it seems you tried to add some edges or something to the shoulders, but they're just blending into the photoshop filter atm, add a contrasted border (light to sudden dark value for example).

Apart from that I think your greens are too saturated compared to the rest of your guy, kinda screaming at me :P

Also the only area that seems to lack something if you want to add more detail would be the legs/hips, they've got a very flat texture, I notice hints at folding stuff but it's too hard to tell imo.

hope that helped ^^ 

Maybe (if you know how) set the green circle on the chest to glow with a shader, like iron man!

The green armor parts you could set to tint so they reflect like armor (again with a shader).

I don't know what to think about the texture for the robes; it feels a bit empty and like it has been oversharpened, but I don't know what your intentions were with it :P

Melkav nice to see another kel dor user :P we're going to take over the galaxy! I like what you did with your skin, especially the eyes :L

The cloth parts need some definition. They look like they were just painted black, though maybe it's just the brightness.

I think it the brightness... to me they look like it is too ...um... sharp? contrasted (whatever it is :/ ) ?

I'm not a fan of you starting off with a photoshop filter as a base :P But I guess despite that, it's not all that bad.

Got to start somewhere :D

If you want your "lighter" parts to pop out some more you can add more contrast to it's edges, I noticed it seems you tried to add some edges or something to the shoulders, but they're just blending into the photoshop filter atm, add a contrasted border (light to sudden dark value for example).
Also the only area that seems to lack something if you want to add more detail would be the legs/hips, they've got a very flat texture, I notice hints at folding stuff but it's too hard to tell imo.

Looking at them arms and legs, I gotta agree with you, I'll work on that.

Apart from that I think your greens are too saturated compared to the rest of your guy, kinda screaming at me :P

Eh, I am very fond of green...

Maybe (if you know how) set the green circle on the chest to glow with a shader, like iron man!

Already does (or should anyway)

The green armor parts you could set to tint so they reflect like armor (again with a shader).

Tried, keep getting the cloth to shine too... So I am missing something regarding shiny shaders.

I don't know what to think about the texture for the robes; it feels a bit empty and like it has been oversharpened, but I don't know what your intentions were with it :P

Yea, that what I would like suggestions for, something to throw on the empty bits ( and where to slap a glow shader on :P)

Anyway, been working on the boots for a (little) while, and these from (filter) scratch (as in not modified base texture)

In your opinions- Is this better or worse?

Front

skin1new.jpg

Back

skin2new.jpg

Although I do need Ideas for the back of the boots... they just don't seem right

Recap- ideas for back o'the boots are good, things to make glow are good, and ideas to make use of empty space are good :P

Could we please possibly see a few shots of this skin in game? What you get in modview and what you get in game can be two completely different things altogether sometimes. I'm curious to see how much detail is visible - particularly around the darker parts.

EDIT: I would highly recommend using this mod if you do decide to take shameless self-portraits http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/SystemA;86655

Could we please possibly see a few shots of this skin in game? What you get in modview and what you get in game can be two completely different things altogether sometimes. I'm curious to see how much detail is visible - particularly around the darker parts.

Tomorrow- Too late for me tonight <_<

EDIT: I would highly recommend using this mod if you do decide to take shameless self-portraits http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/SystemA;86655

Now this looks helpful though :D ... 

Did you edit the original pictures?

Cause suddenly the greens there are not really screaming at me anymore >_> I dunno why, but I think that green color on the original post screenshot is fine now...

I confuse myself :<

Try to check out some cool boot design from costumes or something like that, atm it looks like you got a green plate just put flat right on the back side, doesn't look too good imo. And maybe add in the bolts that show how it's attached like the arms have?

As promised...

Saber Up (to show the arm)

shot0004eq.jpg

Saber down

shot0003rb.jpg

Back

shot0001ok.jpg

EDIT: I would highly recommend using this mod if you do decide to take shameless self-portraits http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/SystemA;86655
This I liked very much... will keep in base to save me those priceless minutes of fiddling.
Did you edit the original pictures?

Cause suddenly the greens there are not really screaming at me anymore >_> I dunno why, but I think that green color on the original post screenshot is fine now...

I confuse myself :<

No I didn't- had you asked the green to shut up? :P
Try to check out some cool boot design from costumes or something like that, atm it looks like you got a green plate just put flat right on the back side, doesn't look too good imo. And maybe add in the bolts that show how it's attached like the arms have?
The bolts is a good Idea... and I'll have a look at costumes... that might just help.

Just a bump that includes an update- Think I am going to redo the torso Armour at least... and can anyone point me to a skin and/or hair Photoshop tutorial? I think I'll try my hand at that too...

Update

skinupdate.jpg

Although, any idea on where to put some glow on the boots would be nice... It feels like it needs to glow but I can't find a place to put some  :unsure: .

can anyone point me to a skin and/or hair Photoshop tutorial? I think I'll try my hand at that too...

I do not have any tutorials on hand so to speak, but my advice would be to find a good reference image (whether a photo or perhaps a skin texture from another model) and learn how to use the clone tool in GIMP/Photoshop with a soft edged brush. ^_^

EDIT: http://www.mediacollege.com/adobe/photoshop/tool/clone.html (Clone Tool Explanation)

But yeah, keep in mind you can change the brush size, stick with a soft edged brush and have a play!

Okay, I now believe it to be finished (apart from the need to maybe make the skin brighter) Only things changed are the hair and gloves, but I liked how the last picture turned out so I just made another one for the fun of it... with readable text this time

zicmakskinfinished.jpg

The image's brightness has been increased, hence the possible need to brighten the textures.

So now My skin is more or less finished, unless someone has a random idea I like :D

Fighter likes this