Two improvements to uploading / reviewing.

Hi, well most of you probably already know me so I don't need to introduce that much. 

What you may know, or may not know is that I spent a lot of my time reviewing maps in the past, and some may have realized, that I'm back to it : reviewing every new map I see uploaded on this site.

Generally I would like to ask you to rise amount of stars, 1-5 scale is much inaccurate. In my reviews I always use 1-10 scale (with halves sometimes). So if you would add 5 more stars, or a possibility to add half a star, it would be great.

Why does is matter?

Well if I have to give my rating to the map, average but good map, get the same amount of stars as almost perfect one, pretty dull isn't it?

The second improvement is more like an idea, it may be good idea to add option, do uploader agrees to have his file reviewed. This way I will sadly have less maps to check out, but won't write lenghy to do lists for someone who doesn't care about what I think should be improved or isn't really good enough.

So yeah that's it. Cheers, have a happy new year.

Not forgetting about this, just gone for a few days, trying to get a silly amount of work done before I leave, and investigating how easy additional stars would be to implement.

Sorry in advance about you not getting a reply from me on this for another week. :P

As I can read Caelum's thoughts, allow me to answer for him xD (I reserve the right to be completely wrong)

Suggestion 1 - Won't be possible due to limitations of the forum software back-end, and isn't all that nescecary. If you want to have a different rating for a good map and an almost perfect map, use 3 and 4 stars. that leaves 1 and 2 stars for "bad", and "meh".

Suggestion 2 - Again, software back-end will make this extremely difficult or impossible. Even then, the reviews aren't just for the benefit of the modder, they are mainly for the people downloading it so they can judge if they want to download it or not. As such, allowing the modder to disallow reviews means that people wont be able to see what is good/bad about the file which would make the downloads section generally less useful.

therfiles likes this