Here's something I bet you didn't know.

I can say with absolute certainty that the mapping looks way more professional. Especially the lighting. In Jka it looks like they just jacked up the ambient in most cases, or just used a lot of light entities unnecessarily. A lot of fine shadows in these Kejim maps so far. :)

What a lot of people don't realise is that a lot of the mapping work in jka was subcontracted out to another company, most notably, nearly all the MP maps. I think that's a big part of the reason that the mapping in jka is poor.

therfiles likes this
I knew the mp maps were, didnt know any of the SP maps were. Probably the little cutscene maps like t1_inter. Not a single surface is caulked.

Sounds indicative that actually Raven did those maps, cuz they don't caulk surfaces very often. Or use hint, like at all.

Fun fact: there's also zero hinting or areaportalling in ctf_bespin, meaning you can see straight through the entire map

It's fairly obvious whenever Raven isn't making the map, as those actually have _overuse_ of caulk in some places.

Here's something I didn't know until today:

BLACK MESA SOURCE MOD is out and has been out since September 2012.........:\

Yeah but I think the Xen part is not done yet, hence the lack of the Steam release (waiting for it myself).