Springfield

from the power plant, looking towards the duff beer plant, and town, it drops significantly about -40fps from 59-60 throughout the rest of the map, im not sure if it was just what I have in my base, but the green goo wasnt present in this build for me, again not sure if this was my side or not

Looks like some of the last posts were deleted.

So I did do some editing for that view last night.

Here is a top view of my map to show VIS stuff; This is the version i sent you guys

(also have a side view in the top right corner showing i have a hint brush touching the top of the clifts going to both sides)

springfieldvisibility1.jpg

Solid Black is Structure; ie, Clifts

Blue Lines is VIS Lines i drew in

Transparent blue is a Hint brush. (i have lots more but that just a main one)(The bigger hint brush there is actually from the ground to the top of the clift, then i have the one from the top of the clift to the top of the map as in the side view in the top corner)

So i then made the duff beer plant a structure and taller, and i'm hoping for the VIS to be like this;

springfieldvisibility2.jpg

Red block= Duff Beer

I'm really hoping this will prevent the views going straight through it adding to the low FPS.

Still have to try to prevent the long one from corner to corner, Might make the center buildings taller to add a divider in it. Just have to figure out best spots to put the Hint brushes to make it work.

I did bsp with this and it still seems to be drawing behind the duff plant still for some reason...I thought i had it all figured out...

I can see your nightmare, but im not a great mapper, in this case I look to how old game handled this issue, which was either back in the day low draw distance distancecull in this case, or "fog" which was also just to hide the draw distance. and I dont know what your current distancecull is atm either, just another theory im tossing out there

My distancecull is at the default. From my understanding, and i might be wrong, but making it lower will make u see less and make the farther items disappear into the sky texture right?

I can see when i turn on r_showtris 1, it is still drawing everything even if i cant see it after its disappeared into the sky texture.

I keep trying new hint brushes but lately i keep getting the annoying error of SV_SetBrushModel: NULL when i load the map. Ive done brush clean up, selected my whole my, inverted the selection and deleted everything else. Pressed L to make sure there wasnt any entries with no brushes. I get it working then the next bsp it comes back... Making me annoyed i have to bsp it again to try out the new VIS.

SV_SetBrushModel: NULL

ive done the manual tracking of those down through the entitly list, usually each entity in the list has somehting attached, ive had a few on me (when radient has decided to crash) where a player spawn point was created but no point was ever placed in GTK, but they've gotten easy to spot these issues, in radient, mind you the more brushwork you got, the longer the list >.>

Thanks MoonDog, I might of been able to fix it. The cut outs of the characters had a shader with nonsolid and the rest of the brush i used nodraw_solid. So I edited the shader and changed the nodraw to chaulk. Havnt got that error in the last 2 BSPs, so we will see if it continues to work.

I've made some mini maps with the same lay out with basic items to test different hint brushes. Seems to work in the mini maps but when i apply the same type in my map, it doesnt want to work the same... I'm almost ready to just submit it as is to get it out there, and then maybe try to make a new layout and stuff to get a better FPS map, but no idea how long that will take.

Jango, thats just a copy of the Country maps from ShroomDuck. You can get the Homer model and Duffman model on their own.

PS. if anyone plays the Simpsons Tapped Out game on their iPhone, add me as a neighbour --> aka_kahn