Help With Transparency

I am working on a skin that has part of the model that I do not need. The model comes with headgear and I don't need that particular piece, I only need the visor. I have tried using a PNG file but no luck. What is the key to making part of an image disappear? I was able to do it once with the kilt but so far no luck with the headgear.

This is an older version of the skin but it explains what I am talking about just the same. I am trying to make the thing that is in white disappear. I know that it appears white in modview but it should be transparent in game. But it isn't. Any help is greatly appreciated.

phase1commanders002.png

If you're only making part of an image file transparent, then you will need to include a shader for that image, otherwise transparency (I don't think) will work.

This is the lines of code that I use for transparency in an image, you just need to change the directories to your own skin's image, and save it in a notepad as a .shader (i guess you know how anyway):

models/players/jawa_kdm/robe

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/jawa_kdm/robe

alphaFunc GE128

depthWrite

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

}

Save the image as a .png, with the areas you want invisible to be empty. Remember that the transparency won't show in modview as shaders don't work in it, so you will have to preview it in-game.

• 2 weeks later...