Class_Stormtrooper vs. other classes

So, I can't help but wonder, does whether a stormtrooper has that class or not, affect how it acts/responds to imperial NPCs in JKA? Like can imperials only order stormtroopers to attack and so on when they have Class_Stormtrooper in their NPC files?

Or does it make no difference?

Also something I've noticed. Now I'm pretty sure this doesn't have to do with the class, but I've also noticed that stormtroopers always have extra health from what they have in their NPC file, like an extra 7-14 health points. (noticed this using g_debugdamage)

Not sure. Only known info is here: http://jkhub.org/tut...r-descriptions/

Well I wrote that therfiles!

Extra health probably comes from difficulty level.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure.

Anywhoo, basically my question is, does whether stormtroopers have Class_Stormtrooper affect their group dynamics with imperial officers and commanders at all? Or it doesn't make a difference?

therfiles likes this

Woah...sorry, I feel really dumb now. :P

Anyway, I would be really suprised if there was such a thing in place. It just seems a little to complicated for Raven to put in there, and considering Imps are not always with stormtroopers, it would be rarely used. However, it could be done with scripting, but I doubt it's coded.

Naah your good. That would make sense. Also, something unrelated... how do you say your name? Is it pronounced "theirfiles" or "The R Files"? I'm assuming the latter, even though I always think your name the first way... :lol:

EDIT: Are stormtrooper and swamptrooper classes the only class that has a random amount of slop added to their aim? Or do the trandoshan and weequay and noghri classes have it too? I tried to test this, but it was difficult to tell.

Its "The R Files", but it's a silly name, so no prefs there. :P

As for your question, I'm really uncertain. You may have to delve into the code to find it. However, in the .npc files, they all have an aim value of 1 (excluding Noghri). Perhaps any class with aim 1 has a random factor to their aim.

From the glance I took at the MP code, I think it's

ent->client->NPC_class == CLASS_STORMTROOPER

|| ent->client->NPC_class == CLASS_SWAMPTROOPER

|| ent->client->NPC_class == CLASS_IMPWORKER

Edit: I mght be wrong actually. Perhaps this bit of code I found will help?

if ( self->s.weapon == WP_BLASTER || self->s.weapon == WP_REPEATER ||
self->s.weapon == WP_THERMAL /*|| self->s.weapon == WP_BLASTER_PISTOL */ //rwwFIXMEFIXME: Blaster pistol useable by npcs?
|| self->s.weapon == WP_BOWCASTER )
{//Hmm, how about sniper and bowcaster?
//When first get mad, aim is bad
//Hmm, base on game difficulty, too?  Rank?
if ( self->client->playerTeam == NPCTEAM_PLAYER )
{
G_AimSet( self, Q_irand( self->NPC->stats.aim - (5*(g_spskill.integer)), self->NPC->stats.aim - g_spskill.integer ) );
}
else
{
int minErr = 3;
int maxErr = 12;
if ( self->client->NPC_class == CLASS_IMPWORKER )
{
minErr = 15;
maxErr = 30;
}
else if ( self->client->NPC_class == CLASS_STORMTROOPER && self->NPC && self->NPC->rank <= RANK_CREWMAN )
{
minErr = 5;
maxErr = 15;
}

G_AimSet( self, Q_irand( self->NPC->stats.aim - (maxErr*(3-g_spskill.integer)), self->NPC->stats.aim - (minErr*(3-g_spskill.integer)) ) );
}
}

therfiles likes this

Okay, so I tested more. Seems that the random slop is a stormtrooper/swamptrooper thing special to those two classes. What I noticed is that from a long distance away it becomes more apparent that only those classes have the random aim sloppiness.

And if what fighter says is correct, than class_impworker has really bad aim! :lol:

Slightly off the main topic, but I have a few questions regarding other classes.

Is there any difference between class_jan and class_lando? Also, I remember Eez that you told me that npcs named starting with "cultist" wouldn't use punches even when you gave them melee, but rather only force attacks, however I haven't been able to make this work at least with them only using force and not punches.