"I want it from Filefront"

A few days ago, I finally managed to get the officers to wear their proper badges to signify their rank. I made it different than how Hapslash originally intended, though. Here's a comparison of Hapslash's imperial rankings to mine.

Hapslash

Imperial (regular): 2X3

Imperial (officer): 1X4

Imperial (commander): 1X6

349362.jpg

My version

Imperial (regular): 2X2

Imperial (officer): 1X6

Imperial (commander): 2X4

HaDPIsV.jpg

I started working on fixing the badges in Jedi academy first, and had little trouble doing so. Moving my fix over to JKII took more time than expected and confused me on multiple occasion, but I eventually found out what the differences I had to make from JKA when fixing the problem in JKII, and fixed the problem. Now I have my desired ranks for both games, both in SP and MP.

I actually took the officer's badge colors from a different imperial officer mod and used them in mine.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Original_Trilogy_Elite_Imperials;72993

Ironically, the majority of the author's imperial skins load the badges incorrectly in game. Still, I'm gratefully he made the custom badge texture for my availability, for he/she saved me the trouble of having to make a new one myself. I couldn't find a satisfying rank to give to the officers out of the rank textures provided by Hapslash; they were either, in my opinion, ranked to high, or to low for someone like an officer. Cryptaea's 1X6 blue and yellow badge texture suits the officer perfectly well, I think.

I know that a minor detail like the badges may seem insignificant to some people, but I thought that this issue was too noticeable to just ignore, and I'm happy to say that the end result will satisfy me indefinitely. That is, unless I feel a proper change needs to be made to ensure the accuracy of each skin's rank.

Circa likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey folks :)

I've found a way to download files from filefront wherever you want from. :) I tried it this morning.
If you go to:

http://vtunnel.com

You'll be at a page that allows you to surf through filefront and even download files from there. Please remember that once you download the file - it will have a strange long number. Just locate it, and rename it to whatever name you want and with extension  *.rar or *.zip or *.pk3. :) Uncheck the "Remove Scripts" button on the page before you surf through it. I hope this helps all of you. :) It sure has helped me. Saves a lot of headache. :)

Take care all and have a nice day!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...