An offer to newer clans

Link

7_7_8yr5678s.png

Over the past 2 years or so, (JAWA) has made an effort to support newer clans wherever possible via recruiting on our server. The reasoning behind this is quite simply because I doubt any one wants to see a "Google" type clan, who has a large amount of the player base in the game and on top of that I'm sure a lot more choice is better for those players looking to join a community. Back in 2004/2005, JAWA was given this offer by an entity known as ClanWarriors and we gained A LOT of members from recruiting on their server.. so we're trying to return the favour to the rest of the community. We've always been a supporter of new clans, whether it be made by current JAWA's branching off or clans completely unaffiliated with us... as long as it benefits the community we're happy.

How do I do this?

Simply contact me privately or post here with your clans website, the JAWA council will have a very quick discussion and probably get back to you the same day. This doesn't mean any clan can just begin recruiting on JAWA :P only clans we give permission can.

Doesn't this stop potential members from joining JAWA instead?

Yes

So how does this benefit JAWA?

In return we'll improve relations with other clans hopefully, and we'll probably see some improvement in traffic... but our main goal is to be selfless, any advantages to us are an extra and not part of our goal of increasing traffic to other clans.

Are there any requirements?

Not really, although if you're already an established clan with a decent amount of members you may be turned away as this is for newer clans to get off the ground. We'll let you know privately if this is the case.

Hope to see more clans take advantage of this offer :) so far we've had around 6-7 over the past 2 years however those were from me contacting them directly.

therfiles, Fighter, Caelum and 1 other like this

Honestly, SiLink, I'm quite happy to see JAWA doing this.

JAWA is one of the clans that's been around for years and still going strong.

The idea that you're willingly helping new clans get onto their feet is a very selfless act.

So this is truly awesome, and again I think every new clan that starts out that reaches out to JAWA is very thankful.

I cant help but feel a far more effective method of achieving the same result would be to lift your no recruiting rule entirely. It's not like Jawa is desperate for new members, and if people are already playing on your server, the chances are they have already decided if they fancy joining Jawa or not, so hearing about other clans on there isn't going to really make much difference. If your goal was really to be "selfless", as you said in your post, then its the obvious move.

Just a thought.

The idea is to build relations with other clans at the same time, the idea of two clans talking and supporting each other is much more valuable than just coming onto the server, recruiting and leaving.

Fair enough, however the way you worded this:

but our main goal is to be selfless, any advantages to us are an extra and not part of our goal of increasing traffic to other clans.

makes it sound like the whole improving relations was a happy side effect of helping other clans grow, and besides, just allowing other clans to visit your server to advertise will create relations between you and that other clan anyway. I don't see how having an approval system can do anything but limit the opportunities to connect with other clans, and perhaps dissuade clans from visiting you and advertising who would have if you just allowed it.

Forgive my cynicism, but I think if this truly was a selfless act of generosity towards other clans you would have just lifted the rule. I'd love to be proven wrong though, as the idea of parts of the JKA community connecting more and helping each other out is one that I approve of greatly.

I'm afraid I can't explain it any clearer than I already have sorry. This method gives a more personal meet/greet between JAWA and the other clan, with the potential for more interaction down the road.

We've been doing this for 2 years now and it's been a big success in terms of diplomacy. Letting any clan recruit would be ridiculously silly and defeat the entire purpose. This is aimed at newer clans and not meant to be potential for larger clans to come by and advertise, that's why it's moderated as I said in my original post.

Letting any clan recruit would be ridiculously silly and defeat the entire purpose. This is aimed at newer clans and not meant to be potential for larger clans to come by and advertise, that's why it's moderated as I said in my original post.

I don't follow. If you have a problem with someone spamming recruitment messages, then you could always just have a word with them in private.

I don't follow. If you have a problem with someone spamming recruitment messages, then you could always just have a word with them in private.

... That's what we do o_O

Would you guys mind moving this to PMs? This topic wasn't intended to be a discussion....

Well, I can understand what you're speaking about MUG.

This is a forum, meant for discussions... however!

With that being said.. this was designed for a specific reason, and the discussions being placed are a side-track from it.

Discussions that are personally directed at the topic at hand is one thing, but outside of that is...a distraction.

Much like this post I'm doing now, but eh..

Link likes this

This is a forum. All topics are discussions. I see no reason to shield any legitimate conversation from the public eye.

As the board name suggests, this is for advertisements. Please stop clinging onto absolutely every word people say XD... I realize I'm only encouraging you every time I reply so I'm just going to stop bothering :P

Any way, if any clan is interested in setting up a home on the JAWA server for recruitment then feel free to message me and we'll arrange something :)