evos done. hold on ill post a vid... well... maybe some texture tweaks here or there...

sorry for the crap quality im in the middle of something here..

also, excuse all the menu textures nothing in the menus is even close to ready for crits yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVbpQcjSU0&feature=youtu.be

i also have 3 different repulses for starkiller. the original repulse, a kind of jax ground pound which will be more cinematic, with the floor looking destroyed under him with rubble lifting up and levitating as the camera spins around him, and one for when hes knocked down to get back up and clear some space. ive got the effect file for one of them almost complete hell ill post a vid of that soon too. but like i said im in the middle of some crap right now. also, all the characters i have will kind of have their own animations, more like tweaked animations to make the rigging of certain parts JA doesnt like look better. but starkiller will definately have all new anims. but he will not have a staff saber style, im replacing that for some other stuff i have going on. as well as a kinda faked combo system, and the melee is getting a workover too.. to make him just seem more aggressive. the troopers i make will all have different shooting stances and dodges and stuff. im just kinda taking it slowly for now, since im mainly making this mod for me lmao. i have a really nice rancor getting closer to completion, but his back needs redone. his textures are coming along nice tho.. hell heres a vid of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WCrVL9N4Ac&feature=youtu.be

like i said i know his back n face are off so im messing with it slowly.

i have no problems with any of this, but modelling, thats my main screwup atm. ive got efx files down, anims, texturing, mapping, sounds, menus, everything else no prob, but i seem to be having a lot of problems modelling which keeps slowing me down.im not making any full tfu maps, but this whole mod is going to be based around the trainingroom. im going to make the tfu1 trainingroom but also make it as more of a holodeck, where u can pick missions from tfu1 and the holodeck will change to look like that planet, filled with baddies from that planet. if u play the mod along without any cheats or any other mods, there will also be force points u can add on at the end of each training mission to carry over to the next. the force points will essentially just swap to a different npc of starkiller with higher force points, better combo anims, and etc. like i said its still a totally WIP but thats what im shooting for. a tfu trainingroom with the ability to holodeck it into felucia, kashyyk, raxus prime, etc. just mainly a jumping off point for anybody out there that wants to make any tfu maps. it will go nicely together. im also taking weapons out for starkiller. no guns 4 him. boo if u must lol. i have felucians started, a maris brood started, kazdans coming along, so all in all i wanna finish rebel troopers, a jumptrooper, an incindiary trooper, a purge trooper, maris, kazdan, junk titan, 5 different kinds of ridable rancors, including the bull rancor, proxy, evo, juno, my own vader, those droids on raxus prime that are sucha bxtch lol and possibly rahm kota. but i saw an awesome rahm somewhere i beleive maybe exile or authuran had it i might wanna ask for before starting that. ill prolly be asking for permissions on a few models like maybe a shaak ti as well. cuz my plates full man lol

heres some work on the original repulse efx. the ground decal looks horrible, so it will be swapped, but it served as a good stand in for me for scale. this sint the ground pund one, just the orig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGmd-_zmr_A&feature=youtu.be

i already pm'ed someone about making a tfu map, but anybody out there who wants to make one, will be muchly appreciated. i can make all md3s for the map, including animated md3s . also any textures, shaders, or anything else i can definately contribute to. im pretty decent at mapping, but not enthused about it enough to take on a whole map yet. also, because i cant script to save my life lol. dude, i just wanna thank everybody whos taught me anything along the way so far. mini and inyri, thx 4 yer patience man for reals. authuran, exile, razor, spior, all u people know who u are man thank u guys dudes this things gunna turn out rill nice thx to u guys. inyri, truly sorry for bustin ya bawls lol. and ashura, dude, yer a superhero to me man thx bro. any of u guys ever need anything at all man lemme know. as long as its not having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. - Those are my two bugaboos lmfao. boats n hoes

oh yeah... totally unrelated to this... but im like 75% sure i wanna model Salacious Crumb for no reason at all... and a 2-1b medical droid

Circa and Jeff like this

not for a while i think man

longer version

dude, i hate to be a total dooshbag, but i just wanted my mod to have a certain effect on u first time u play it... and if i release it bit by bit man itll just feel like a mashup of already familiar mods with a few tidbits new here n there. kinda wanted to have every model, texture, shader, anim, menu just bring a totally new feeling to JA. so i know im already pretty "unpopluar" on these sites, and this will probably just make it worse lol... but i have to decline the release of anything til its done, then i give 100% full permission to use any peice of it at all on anything u want. i dont even care if u gimme the credit for it to be honest, i do a lot of drawing and painting and recording music that im pretty used to the feeling of making a peice of artwork not for anybody but myself. i know it sounds really dooshy when i try to put it into words, but i kinda just wanted to hold on to everything til its done. then everybody has my full permission to dissect it, fully critique it, and take whatever u want. i work so fast tho dude its ridiculous i almost wrote my complete menu system of all new menus for the entire mod in one night. now granted i had to go back here n there the next morning and fix her up here n there, but i do man when i get on something i just mash it out.so it wont take me long i swear, only problem at all im running into is i created the custom skeletons for the rancor and kazdan, but i did it with constraints so it all moves well in xsi. cloth,etc. so now i can animate em quick as hell and not have to move each individual bone, just kinda pose n blend... but i friggin suck at it dude. i mean, i get it... but i kinda skipped over a few things in the tutorial i shouldnt have lol. so i just gotta go back and see if in xsi when im making anims do i keyframe the constraints, the bones, or what for each frame... cuz i think every bone has to be keyframed every frame or something i dunno. ill go back and look at it. but after that man ill knock those 2 characters out no worries. but u wont be able to bring kazdan, the rancors, maybe the felucians into dragon and reanimate cuz dragon doesnt work with constraints. but i already fixed that too. im gunna release the mod as well as the unconstrained skeles if u guys wanna pop them in dragon and work on em. im also releasing the .xsi's of all the models so u can go back and add peices or tweak with the rigging and recompile. so im just gunna kinda let it all go at once man sorry guys.

hehe

on another note.. yeah mini u got me convinced again u fxker lmao im gunna have to redo his head. messing with the thickness of his torso tonight. yer right again tho man i just cant get this one to work. i dunno where i went wrong but im already contemplating a new dome for the dude

long story short im releasing all my models at once, and i need to study animating in xsi a bit more lol. ima get me a translator

to be quite honest man, i got a 12% on my g.e.d. writing portion. and im from the south so i talk like an idiot sometimes lol if that puts any of it in perspective ha

thx rfiles awesome man im glad yer diggin it so far

therfiles likes this

I cant really say anyhting yet, a model can look like total crap in an editor, but in game with its shaders etc, can make a huge difference, so, before I place a verdict, i'll wait to see how it turns out

I kind of disagree with you. You can cover up mistakes you've made with more work, but they won't go away :P It's better to avoid mistakes early on, so that later you're complementing the work you've done, not fixing it/covering it up :)

yeah im about as close as i feel like wasting any more time on tho..so ill tweak it a bit if i see major needs, and fix his textures, but im pretty happy with it and ready to start making different costumes for him

stark1.jpg

stark2.jpg

stark3.jpg

stark4.jpg

prolly do these textures,and the textures for this tonight

raxus.jpg

Jeff likes this

Why are you texturing when the model isn't correct? D:

This.

The model still needs sooooooooooooooooo much 3d work, that UV mapping and texturing is a total waste of time since the geometry needs to be changed dramatically before it even remotely starts to resemble Witwer. It looks absolutely nothing like him.

Okay, I'll make it easier for everyone and say what (I assume) everyone is thinking. Your models are bad. Which is not a bad thing at all, it's you who ought to be satisfied with the results and you clearly are. To be fair, I probably couldn't make a model that "good" myself (though there are proficient modellers here who actually know their trade). The problem is with the apparent denial you're in, the thread might have as well been locked, because all feedback is ignored (even if seemingly addressed), which, again, would be fine too, if it wasn't for the fact that it's a public thread in a WIP section. Perhaps you should specify that this is more like a gallery and you're not interested in external sources of possible improvement. I trust that you (or any of the overly-sensitive staff members) won't see this as a personal attack of any sort, since obviously it isn't one, and I shouldn't have even had to state that.

Lizfizz and Inyri like this

nah dude yer dead on.i more or less only take the crits i agree with or am concerned with.like i said i make stuff mainly for me anyways.u dont like it dont DL it lol right?

17616663.jpg

just added some more color.prolly wont post on this site for quite sometime as to not hinder my creative process...thx 4 the crits tho.

btw...my names brad boebert if u guys ever wanna get at me on facebook or something and give a nod or say whuttup