Sign in to follow this  
Caelum

Introducing: JKA Secret Santa

What if a coder receives a wish list full of skin requests and stuff?

Or um you know, maybe not a coder <.< >.> That was a randomly selected modder, yep.

That's why it's semi-random - I try to match people's requests and skill sets somewhat.

If there's nothing on the gift list you can work with, you can just make them something else you think they'll enjoy that's not on their gift list. You'll know who you're sending a gift to. On that note, I trust people participating to be gentlemanly in regards to their gifts, regardless of what they get. :P

Sure if you say so, but there's also the fact that code mods, maps and anything other than skins would face a problem.

Anything too small will be boring and dull, anything too big will take way too much time :D

Although 1 month is plenty of time, I guess...

One more thing, can people just like, generalize?

For example, "I want something related to trees".

Do we /have/ to be specific?

Something related to trees? Sorry spior but you're not getting my Neti model if that's what you're hoping for :lol: J/K :P Well this event seems to be very intresting and generus :D

There's no need to be specific if you don't want to be. In fact, I'd go so far as recommending one has at least one thing on one's wishlist that's something general like "something related to trees".

On that note, remember, 4 items on your wishlist is a minimum, not a maximum. You're welcome to have more if you think of more.

. . . so is that a yes or a no?

My question was, do I really need the minimum of 4 when I will be fine with whatever as long as it's related to trees?

DISCLAIMER: I don't want trees for Christmas.

Sounds good, but what could I possibly want? I can't just create something without getting anything myself since then there'd be more presents than receivers...

I'd be fine with doing a model, by the way. It'd likely turn out badly, but still.

Nom nom nom. I r santa.

Anyway, just awesome! Maybe you could PM a wishlist and your talents. I mean Cael is good, but there may be some one who registers just for this and we have no idea what his talents are and we send him a job to make a code mod.

This is going to be so fun.

I don't think you should have to list what you're capable of or what you want. Only sign up if you're capable/willing of generating some sort of game asset or art related to the game. It should be a complete surprise as to what you receive lol.

EDIT: Like... the mod shouldn't be useful. It should just be lolzy or cute or whatever.

I don't think you should have to list what you're capable of or what you want. Only sign up if you're capable/willing of generating some sort of game asset or art related to the game. It should be a complete surprise as to what you receive lol.

You can't get a skinner to make you a map...

That's just silly :P

Well I mean like... if you get a skinner by the randomization, you would receive a skin. It's not like you're required to wear the skin all year round or whatever if you don't like it rofl. But I get where you're going with that Caelum.

I'll put in for it once I know what my free time will be like. Things may be getting hectic soon.

My only wish is that Akimoto so graciously finishes the hilt "Integrity" he was working on for Magsul when he's able to.

*Nods*

I'm really looking forward to it.

Otherwise....

Merry Pre-emptive Christmas everyone!

Hah, I remember this from the early years of school - I always got people I knew nothing about.

Oh well, eager to see who I get, since here I can stalk people if I don't know about them well enough.

therfiles likes this