Luke's saber hilt

Is there a possibility to use Luke's saber hilt in multiplayer?

I have found it in the assets1 and used the command /saber1 luke which makes it visible only in profile>saber menu.

I dont want to download a mod or skin for this if it's already in the game. So, is it possible to activate the hilt? Would others see it also in multiplayer server?

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Thomaz said:

Is there a possibility to use Luke's saber hilt in multiplayer?

I have found it in the assets1 and used the command /saber1 luke which makes it visible only in profile>saber menu.

I dont want to download a mod or skin for this if it's already in the game. So, is it possible to activate the hilt? Would others see it also in multiplayer server?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly, the command should be "give saber luke".

Doesn't seem to be possible without a mod. You could edit the saber yourself and remove the notInMP 1 line that prevents it from being usable in MP, but chances are that not only other players, but also you, would see it as a typical Sith saber hilt.

On this note, any lightsaber mod that you may have, but the server you want to play on doesn't, will show your saber as the Sith saber hilt.

3 hours ago, Lancelot said:

If I remember correctly, the command should be "give saber luke".

That's a cheat code and also doesnt work in mp. ☹️

8 minutes ago, Ramikad said:

Doesn't seem to be possible without a mod. You could edit the saber yourself and remove the notInMP 1 line that prevents it from being usable in MP, but chances are that not only other players, but also you, would see it as a typical Sith saber hilt.

On this note, any lightsaber mod that you may have, but the server you want to play on doesn't, will show your saber as the Sith saber hilt.

Too bad...

Do you know if you can change your custom saber's default look for others? I mean if i have a custom saber and for others it appears as that black sith saber by default, can i change the look to katarn for example? If possible, would it work for player skins too?

You can put together a simple mod that replaces the Sith hilt with the Kyle one (or the Luke one, going back to the original request), though only you would see it, and the blade would probably be shorter - other players will still see the Sith saber.

Player models and skins is a different matter, as in, the server doesn't need to have them to see them, only the players. If you want other players to see you as a certain model/skin that is not included in the base game, only they will have to download it, not the server.

To summarize, cosmetic modifications will work for you regardless (models, textures and skins), as well as anyone who has them too, but technical ones (as a new lightsaber would be, or new NPCs) will have to be supported by the server.

I also really wanted this to be a thing, I figured changing the notInMP to 0 would work if it was uploaded to the server but even that doesn't work. To my understanding it would need to be changed client side for it to show up. So if OpenJK or EternalJK changed it, majority of players would see it. But it probably won't happen unless you convince either EternalJK or OpenJK people to do it, and last time I asked I was told no.

Would be great to have Luke, Desann, and Reborn sabers unlocked since they are already there.